Commodore on the Beach
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$102
ComfortInn
US$92
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$134
  • Pool
US$159
US$154
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$147
US$144
  • Restaurant
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$229
All reviewsan older hotelacross the streetgumbo dinerevery room has a balconypleasure pierview of the oceancrosswalkport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We spent two nights at the Commodre and the staff where very nice and friendly, Ms. Delores Gilland (Customer Service Specialist) was especially helpful and gracious ! The pool was beautifully clean and inviting and our room by the pool was very clean as well! I will recomend this Motel to all my friends and relatives............ And hope to visit real soon, when my husband and I want to get away! Thank you again for all you help and such a pleasaant experience! Mr. and Mrs. Morris Stallings

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maryconchin
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My friend and I booked a room weeks in advance and drove 300 miles to get to this hotel only to walk into the office and find out that you must be 21 to stay in the hotel or have your parents. I have never heard of anything so stupid before, if you are 18 you are an adult. How does being 21 have anything to do with it? The man at the counter was very rude and seemed to enjoy telling us that we couldn't stay. I am 27 and my friend is 20 and we already paid for the room on hotels.com where we were never asked to verify age or anything of that nature. We then found out that they would take 3-7 days to refund us which was longer than our stay. The rude staff and completely stupid rules of this establishment has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth of my first experience in galveston. I will not come back.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I've read several bad reviews after the fact, but all in all I was surprised by the nice experience and room. Nothing fancy but it was clean and cold AC.
Great location and awesome pool.
If you are looking for a resort then keep lOoking, but for a cozy safe motel experience - it was good for us.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We enjoy staying at the Commodore because of the location and the view. Having the beach just across the street, a light at the corner for easy crossing, the wonderful outdoor pool, and the great restaurants within easy walking distance, make this one of the best places to stay on the island.
It is not, however, new, overly clean, though clean enough, or spacious. The breakfast leaves lots to be desired and the day desk clerk is not friendly. No coffee in the room, though there is 24 hour coffee in the lobby.

Room Tip: tBe sure and read the disclaimer about arriving after 4pm during summer hours. We call on the day we are coming to assure them we are coming
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank aspenbc
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I am a hotels.com advocate and read all the reviews about this hotel which STILL DID NOT prepare me or my mother for what we got ourselves into. The Commodore on the Beach in Galveston was a shoddy hotel which felt more like a trucker motel or a roach motel. In addition to the obviously out dated facility as a whole...the carpet was faded and nasty, rough brick walls, dirty stained sheets that were supposedly clean, crooked hanging portraits/mirrors, bathroom that felt like you entered a gas station bathroom in a remote area in the boonies, the elevator that was basically broken but still being used, and the RUDE female staff I would NEVER stay here again. For the fees I paid $114 the first night and a whopping $189 for the second night...my mom and I did not even want to go to sleep the first night b/c the room was so gross. Thankfully I was able to recoup the last day of our stay as a refund and we cut our vacation short due to this experience and went back to my mother's house in Houston. It's worth it to pay the extra money and stay at a nicer hotel chain and feel comfortable and safe.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family