“Great budget motel”

Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Tucson, Arizona
“Great budget motel”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was a very clean and comfy motel at a great price. It's in a great location and within walking distance of the beach. A refrigerator and microwave in the room. You can even leave your car there if going on a cruise. There was even a nice continental breakfast included for the bargain price. My only complaint is that the pillows were too flat.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mishasasha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Gretna, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We paid 45+tax off booking.com and was expecting another crap motel but surprisingly it's actually nice. We stayed on the first floor two beds were clean and fresh, towels were the same. Bathroom was a little old like the toilet seat had some wear and tear and the tub bottom as well. The room was setup Nicely and the flat screen tv was another plus. Front desk was quick and nice about the checkin

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Xxaaronxx
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were headed to Galveston for Dickens on the Strand. It was just a little road trip and I had my splurge in San Antonio, so I just needed a place to stay for a couple of night. I found a pretty good deal and I booked it. There is nothing particularly wrong with the hotel, but it's sort of a bare bones kind of place. It had been renovated, but nothing fancy. I'd say they didn't replace the appliances when they did the reno and the pillows were perhaps the worst I'd ever tried to sleep on.

The front desk clerk was a trip. A little rough around the edges. She read me the riot act when I checked in, so I thought the Gestapo might be watching our every move. I understand they might have some rowdy folks on the beachfront in Galveston, but she shouldn't have assumed I was one of them. Then on a very cold day our entry cards quit working and we had to go back down the elevator and into the lobby to get them recharged. She somehow managed to make that sound like it was my fault, as if blame had to be assigned. Not exactly exemplary customer service. Breakfast was included, but one look at it and hubby opted for McDonald's.

I'd say proceed with caution and expect a clean bed, but not much else.

Room Tip: The elevator up to the third floor was SLOW and they put us right by it. It was convenient, but noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane S
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Friends Reserved room for us, so didn't know where we were staying until we arrived.
Husband checked in and total bill was $103. Could not believe that as it's off season. Here day before
we leave for a cruise. My guess, price was raised. Others on site indicate Cheeper prices.
Room is basic, small, and clean. Bed stand only on one side, soap and shampoo only, does have coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator.
Would look at other places as there are many.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Norma T
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was very happy to find this motel on my recent Texas road trip. The location is good and the staff were very helpful with recommendation for local (non-chain) restaurants. The room was adequate and clean. Breakfast was lousy but that's all I expect these days from such establishments.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dslary
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have stayed at the Beachcomber Inn many times since 2009. Prices are very reasonable no matter what time of year it is nor what event is happening on the Island. Its a decent hotel, but if you are looking for a luxury stay this is not it. This is an older hotel and it shows in places.
We usually stay in a non-smoking room, but several times we have stayed in a smoking room. Both of those rooms are about the same, just minus the smokey feel. The rooms could use a small makeover along with the bathrooms / showers. However, I gladly give up the makeover as long the prices stay low. We usually only stay a couple of nights. So its just a place to shower and sleep.
There is a decent fresh water pool near the front office. Our kids love it. Its a short walk from the Seawall. So we usually just take a stroll to the beach and jump in the ocean.
The hotel offers a Continental Breakfast. If you want more, there is a Waffle House next door. All in all, this is a decent hotel for the price.

Room Tip: In the summer time, choose the rooms on the Southeastern side (faces Waffle House) of the building s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James B
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We only paid about $40 a night so I wasn't expecting much, but it was decent enough. Check in was easy and the desk girls were friendly. Room was ok, clean enough and comfortable. Good breakfast included, and in an ok location- not too far to walk or drive to the Seawall. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013