“Not cleaned properly”

Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Saskatoon, Canada
“Not cleaned properly”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this room online, and then phoned in to confirm my reservation 2 days in advance of our stay. When we got there, they had our reservation mixed up for a room with 2 doubles instead of a king sized bed. It was the only room left so there were no other options. The staff was polite though. Got into the room and was very disappointed. The room had been made up, but not 'cleaned'. I'm not fussy about older rooms with outdated or worn decor, but it still need to be cleaned. The floors didn't look like they'd seen a vacuum or broom in a very long time. There was dust and grime on most surfaces. Pubic hair was stuck to the shower walls, and a used washcloth hanging over the shower rod. The beds were made, but when we pulled back the covers we couldn't tell if the sheets were stained or dirty. If we hadn't have already been travelling for 20 hours before we arrived, we would've just left. To top it off, the smoke detector was making a weird clicking sound all night, which kept waking us up. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TracyVanB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Ok for a basic overnight stay. Clean, but pretty uncomfortable bed.
Everywhere in Galveston was overpriced when we went - this was one of the cheaper options and was still expensive! Location was convenient to the beach at least.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cinderski

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here yesterday and the room was fine. The location is conveniently located in walking distance of the water. The room was neat and clean and smelled good. The beds were comfortable and had cute little mix match bed spreads on each bed. My only small complaint was the lights on the wall did not work but other than that, the stay was decent and I would definitely consider staying here again if I am on a budget as I normally stay right on Seawall Blvd at higher rated hotels, but for the price, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I wanted to be close to the beach, and I only had $200 to spend. And only $75 was for the hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised by what $75 can buy with the right attention to customer service. I enjoyed my brief but restful stay.

Room Tip: 143 or 243
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank agbedden1
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We're in galveston for a wedding. Most places were full & the rest were crazy overpriced. We got a deal on one of those bidding websites, so we were stuck with it. There's dust and crust all over. The shower shelf had soap still stuck to it from the last person. Just gross!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ferris, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I almost rated this a 3 but though it over a bit. Upon first arrival it looked kinda homely. I was surprised by the customer service it was great. The room was ok upon first inspection but then I noticed some funny stuff. The bedding is the same bedding that I bought at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago. It was odd to see Wal-Mart bedding in a Motel. Everything else looked clean until the roach crawled across the TV. It is about a block from the Sea Wall so the location is ok. I would spend a few more bucks and stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was a very clean and comfy motel at a great price. It's in a great location and within walking distance of the beach. A refrigerator and microwave in the room. You can even leave your car there if going on a cruise. There was even a nice continental breakfast included for the bargain price. My only complaint is that the pillows were too flat.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends