Beachcomber Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$102
US$154
US$123
  • Pool
US$95
US$92
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$98
  • Beachfront
US$159
US$154
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$100
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$321
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$229
All reviewsroom was cleanplace to sleepwatch tvflat screen tvmini fridgefree breakfastoff seasonseawall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We check in the hotel and go to our room. First of all, the room looked nothing like what they advertise on the website. The pillows are flat and the sheets and comforters were old and dingy. They looked like they should have been changed several years ago.
After changing to get ready for bed, I got locked in the bathroom. The door was jammed and I had to have my friend get me out from the other side. The toilet seat was worn out and the bathroom as a whole didn't look very clean. I didn't want to get in the bed at all and my friend thought something crawled into her ear during the night.
The staff at the inn had no dress code and the lady at the front desk was dressed in bleached out clothes. The room service guy looked as if he walked up off the street, with a white tank top on and tattoos on both arms. He knocked on our door the next morning, and looking through the peep hole, I had no way of knowing that he even worked for the hotel. And almost immediately afterwards, he opened the door and came in. He was polite and friendly, but he startled us.
The rooms were overpriced for what they provided. I've never stayed in a hotel where I was afraid that they didn't clean the rooms. I'm not sure that the rooms were cleaned before we stayed there and am ABSOLUTELY sure that I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank R Nicole D
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We used hotwire and this is where we ended up. We didnt spend much time in the room but it did its job! Wish the ac worked a little better but other than that nothing to really complain about. Everyone was very nice and the rooms while not spectacular were just what we needed ;)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife , daughter, and I stayed there for two nights and found this hotel to be more than satisfactory for the price.Ask for Miss Rubie,she is sweet,sweet.And hepful too,she brought us ice and was very very informative about the Seagrass issue and should be recognized as an awesome staff member at the Beachcomber Inn.We didn't have any issues of any kind..tHe A/C was very vey cold and worked well.The beds were clean and the linens were new.We knew the hotel wasn't on the beach and that was fine ..Our room hhad a flat screen TV with three HBO's and Three Sports channels, refrigerator,room safes, nothing was missed.Theres restaurants very close by. A Krogers food store two blocks away. Mickey D's, gas station...Great hotel for the budget we had.The pool was meager,but clean...

Room Tip: Talk to Miss Rubie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Spent two nights this trip, room was clean and plenty of towels and amenities .
Upon check in I asked for a first floor room, got it !
Staff was friendly and had room cleaned by Noon while I was out fishing, very nice.
Not the fancy big hotel but good for the price. My second time to stay their, also great working Wifi!
Also, ice machine worked well!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this room online, and then phoned in to confirm my reservation 2 days in advance of our stay. When we got there, they had our reservation mixed up for a room with 2 doubles instead of a king sized bed. It was the only room left so there were no other options. The staff was polite though. Got into the room and was very disappointed. The room had been made up, but not 'cleaned'. I'm not fussy about older rooms with outdated or worn decor, but it still need to be cleaned. The floors didn't look like they'd seen a vacuum or broom in a very long time. There was dust and grime on most surfaces. Pubic hair was stuck to the shower walls, and a used washcloth hanging over the shower rod. The beds were made, but when we pulled back the covers we couldn't tell if the sheets were stained or dirty. If we hadn't have already been travelling for 20 hours before we arrived, we would've just left. To top it off, the smoke detector was making a weird clicking sound all night, which kept waking us up. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple