“So dumpy!”

Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Carrollton, Texas
“So dumpy!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We are ok with other $70 a night spots, but this place was terribly worn down. Dirty, threadbare and moldy smelling. I'd try real hard to find better if I could do again. On the plus: walk to grocery with a starbux. Walk to t cabana for Margs.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Soccermommy72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is an excellent choice for cost conscious visitors. The staff are very friendly, the room was small but clean. The comforters were brand new, the sheets older but clean. Very convenient location less than 2 blocks to the center of Seawall Blvd. Close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment and beaches. An outstanding value if you just need a good sleep.
Plus a 24 hour Waffle House right next door!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are accessible only by steep outdoor stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JustEd2014
China Spring, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was the absolute most horrendous hotel experience I have had. I am extremely disappointing that Priceline would even recommend such a place. I wasn't looking for, nor expecting fancy, as I was trying to adhere to a budget. The photos looked reasonable, the location was great, but everything else about that place was absolutely atrocious. The rooms (I had too look at several, hoping one would be decent) were all very small, all smelled like mildew, had stains and cigarette burns all over the carpet and bedding, The pictures posted on both Priceline and Beachcomber's website are misleading. I over paid- nonrefundable dollars for this this atrocity.I am seriously considering calling the better business bureau on this matter.This is a crackhole, slumlord type of place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tish_C836

Travellers are raving about these Galveston hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We check in the hotel and go to our room. First of all, the room looked nothing like what they advertise on the website. The pillows are flat and the sheets and comforters were old and dingy. They looked like they should have been changed several years ago.
After changing to get ready for bed, I got locked in the bathroom. The door was jammed and I had to have my friend get me out from the other side. The toilet seat was worn out and the bathroom as a whole didn't look very clean. I didn't want to get in the bed at all and my friend thought something crawled into her ear during the night.
The staff at the inn had no dress code and the lady at the front desk was dressed in bleached out clothes. The room service guy looked as if he walked up off the street, with a white tank top on and tattoos on both arms. He knocked on our door the next morning, and looking through the peep hole, I had no way of knowing that he even worked for the hotel. And almost immediately afterwards, he opened the door and came in. He was polite and friendly, but he startled us.
The rooms were overpriced for what they provided. I've never stayed in a hotel where I was afraid that they didn't clean the rooms. I'm not sure that the rooms were cleaned before we stayed there and am ABSOLUTELY sure that I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank R Nicole D
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We used hotwire and this is where we ended up. We didnt spend much time in the room but it did its job! Wish the ac worked a little better but other than that nothing to really complain about. Everyone was very nice and the rooms while not spectacular were just what we needed ;)

• Stayed July 2014
Roanoke, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife , daughter, and I stayed there for two nights and found this hotel to be more than satisfactory for the price.Ask for Miss Rubie,she is sweet,sweet.And hepful too,she brought us ice and was very very informative about the Seagrass issue and should be recognized as an awesome staff member at the Beachcomber Inn.We didn't have any issues of any kind..tHe A/C was very vey cold and worked well.The beds were clean and the linens were new.We knew the hotel wasn't on the beach and that was fine ..Our room hhad a flat screen TV with three HBO's and Three Sports channels, refrigerator,room safes, nothing was missed.Theres restaurants very close by. A Krogers food store two blocks away. Mickey D's, gas station...Great hotel for the budget we had.The pool was meager,but clean...

Room Tip: Talk to Miss Rubie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Arlington
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Spent two nights this trip, room was clean and plenty of towels and amenities .
Upon check in I asked for a first floor room, got it !
Staff was friendly and had room cleaned by Noon while I was out fishing, very nice.
Not the fancy big hotel but good for the price. My second time to stay their, also great working Wifi!
Also, ice machine worked well!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo