“Great location!”

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Great location since its located right across the street from the beach. Had a very nice room located on the 6th floor. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Kids loved the pool area and would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are ready to book your next reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 29 June 2012

My two children and I just stayed here and had a great time. Loved the pool and the swim up bar where I got kids ciegin daiquiris for $4. Pool staff was excellent. One night we ordered room service because I was sick and I ordered the kids dessert. Room service offered to bring up dessert 30 minutes after dinner so it wouldn't melt. There was a free balloon artist one day at the pool. The bed and pillows were nice and comfy. Highly recommend. My only complaint was there were smoking rooms on the same floor but I only smelled that when I was at the end of the hall getting ice. Didn't waft into our room at all. Just a small complaint really but figured I'd bring it up.

1  Thank Nikitazz
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My boyfriend & I celebrated our 1yr anniversary @ this resort we had a great time & loved every minute of our time there. Once we left I realized that I had left my very expensive anniversary gift there. I was devastated & cried the whole night. My boyfriend had faith in the quality of the staff there & assured me that everything would be ok. The next day he called the hotel they said they found my watch & would be happy to ship it to me! I was very happy & relieved that the staff was honest & friendly. I thought I would never see my watch again but the resort staffed proved me wrong! Thank you Holiday Inn Resort Galveston staff your honesty ROCKS!!!

Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate your kind words, and hope the rest of your trip was as lovely as your follow up encounter with the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

What a joke! Like a bad dream! First we get put into a smoking room that we did not ask for, then when they try to put us into a non smoking room they don't have any so they put us into a conference room that is a piece of crap! Our balcony overlooked the roof.. Couldn't even see the ocean! Then when we went to dinner at the restaurant the waiter didnt take our drink order for 15 mins, forgot our children's drinks, forgot our appetizer, forgot my husbands drink order, took an hour to get our food, and never refilled our drinks!

3  Thank Spoiled999
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. I apologize for the inconsistencies that you experienced during your stay, and would like to speak with you regarding these concerns. Please feel free to contact me at mfichera@ldry.com so that I may set up a time to call you. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed for a conference that was being held at the Convention Center. The hotel was within walking distance which was very nice. Location of the hotel was very good! I was on the 7th floor and had a small balcony with a beautiful ocean view. I didn't know what to expect with the lobby decor but the room decor was nice. The staff was overly welcoming which was impressive. The negative thing was the elevator. Apparently there was only ONE elevator that worked and there was no air. So it got crowded and sticky. I searches and searched for water bottles but they were out in their little store and also in the vending machines. I went to the hotel Restauant and they were nice to give me ice water. Overall it was a decent experience but I probably wouldn't stay here on a family vacation.

Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. I apologize for the elevator issues during your stay, and can assure you they have been resolved. We do feel that we are in prime location on Galveston beach. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Elevators to you Americans.
Definately overdue for replacement, you will make friends waiting for the lifts: there are only two in the building and these were frequently out-of-order.
Likewise the doors to the rooms require a strong shoulder charge or kick to open.
Good location but expensive (I paid over $300 per night average during June).
Needs demolishing and rebuilding.

Room Tip: Better choose a high floor away from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Keithbz
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve. I apologize for the issues with the elevators during your stay, and can assure you they are now resolved. Again, thank you for your comments, we will continue to use them for future improvements.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel off season, so got a great deal. The staff was wonderful and quick to respond to any request. It was clean and located on the beach. The best part was the shuttle brought us to everything we wanted to do while on the island. I was 8 months pregnant at the time, so it was nice not having to stress about driving and parking! I don't know that I would pay full price for this hotel, but I would for sure take another off season deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach. We appreciate your feedback, especially your kind words about our staff and service. We do run specials year round, so please check our website and Facebook page often! We look forward to your return in the near future.