Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Tucson, Arizona
“Hotel”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is one fantastic property. We stayed there for five nights. It began with Keith, when when we checked in. EVERYONE was very friendly. Our room was beautiful. It had a refrigerator and a microwave. We used both.That evening, a fruit a cheese plate was brought to our room. WOW! That was unexpected. Holly checked us out., She was wonderful. EVERY staff member was helpful. The balcony had two chairs and a table. It made for perfect end of the day.

Our room was clean. No one used a fragrance to cover bad smells because it was not needed. The king bed was VERY comfortable. Several months ago, I bought a Novafoam mattress and this was much nicer.

The band was quite loud each night. One evening, the bass was so strong that the floor shook in Jiggers. Going back to our fifth floor reduced the problem.

Jennifer was the room inspector. I think that she does a wonderful job,

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better. We had a romantic view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team exceeded your expectations. We thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts and we hope that you can make a return visit to our hotel in Galveston very soon!

Steve Kalbaugh, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The shower handle didn't work into room, so there's that. Not to mention the fact that my husband was trying to book a room at the San Luis & got redirected to this & didn't know it until it was too late. Then this delightful pit refused to cancel & refund our money so we could book a room at a nice hotel where the shower works. Will never stay at a Holiday Inn anywhere ever again.

• Stayed January 2014
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
On behalf of our team, I apologize that you had a poor experience with our resort. It is not the standard of our hotel. Our hotel takes pride in providing a quality product, a well-maintained and clean hotel, and friendly & courteous service. I again apologize for your inconvenience. We appreciate your business and we do hope that you will re-consider staying at another Holiday Inn property in the future.

North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here because they have free parking during a cruise and a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. We were placed on the 1st floor the first night and yes, you can hear the loud music from the club and you have no view. Our view was a brick wall.

HOWEVER, the hotel was very accommodating and moved us for the 2nd night stay to the 8th floor. The staff was very professional. Very nice view. They also gave us free breakfast vouchers for the trouble.

I judge a business more by how they handle problems than if they have problems, and this hotel did a good job.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry W
Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am sorry about your inconvenience but I am glad to hear that our team turned your stay with us around. We thank you for your business and hope that you can return to our hotel in Galveston very soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

It was late on a Saturday night and my children had been shopping all day in Houston and at the outlets in Texas City. We decided to stay in Galveston and do a little shopping on the strand the next day. We normally stay next door at the San Luis, but for some reason I wanted to try the Holiday Inn. I guess because I'm an IHG member. Anyways, we got a room on the first floor, I made sure the clerk understood that I needed a non-smoking room in a non-smoking area due to my daughters allergies. She said she understood. We were put on the first floor. Like I said, it was late and parking was a nightmare. Our room was in like a small closed in breezeway and reeked of smoke. I'll just say, they only thing that was a plus was that the room opened to the swimming pool. Which would have been great, had it not been 40 degrees outside. The music from the club thumped until around 2:30 AM. The room had a damp, moldy smell. You can tell that the property is long over due for a make over. The carpet was horrendous. I made my children keep their socks on at all times. They were black on bottom by the time they were tucked in bed. We woke for breakfast and decided to try the buffet in the hotel. It was $10.99 per person. Even for my 8 year old. I paid 11 bucks for her to eat 3 pieces of pineapple and a couple pieces of watermelon. Our server was less than courteous, and his tip reflected this. I had to flag him down for a juice refill and for napkins. Overall this was not what I was expecting from a Holiday Inn "Resort". I felt cheated when I checked out.

Room Tip: choose another resort. I highly recommend the San Luis Resort.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MMcDonald829
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you for your review. This is not our standard for cleanliness or service at our resort. We take pride in providing both a quality product and service. Please contact me directly at the hotel to further discuss your hotel stay.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family and I (husband, 4 year old and 7 year old) went to Galveston for one night to go to the Trail of Lights at Moody Gardens. We stayed one night at this hotel and it was a fantastic experience. We had a great ocean view, there was a balcony with a door that locked so the kiddos couldn't go out there alone.

There was also a kid's club starting at 3 pm. My husband took both of the kids to the kid's club on the 1st floor of the hotel. They got to paint ceramic pieces, danced and watched movies, and they even received gift bags... apparently you can leave the kids with the counselor so you can have some adult time. My kids wanted my husband to stay, but he said he would have been comfortable leaving them with the staff member.

We were offered a shuttle service to Moody Gardens as well, but opted to drive since we got dinner first.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I read on the reviews that there were issues with B'Jiggers music late at night, we did not have...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a resort, we do offer many amentities including our Kids Club and Shuttle Service. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts and we hope that you can make a return visit to Galveston very soon!

Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Terrible value for your money. There was a constant awful smell and while the room got checked everyday not everything got restocked (no coffee in room after first day and no free breakfast). The bar played loudly every night and woke us multiple times even after complaints had been logged. To top it off our cell phone charger was stolen and while they tried to make it right by reimbursing us they then wanted us to send them a receipt of our new changer purchase. How rude that you wanted to make sure we replaced the cord your employees took. It is none of your business when,where or how much I replace my stolen cord for. Shame on this establishment for there rude and terrible service. Our stay here was less than unpleasant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for your poor experience. This is not our standard of service. Please contact me at the hotel so we may discuss your stay in further detail. Thank you for your business.

Saginaw, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a very pleasant stay. The room was large and very nice. Great view of the water. All the staff were very accommodating and helpful. We would recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone wanting to stay at the Galveston beach.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our hotel does have wonderful views of the Gulf of Mexico. We are also happy that our team provided you with a well-maintained and clean hotel while providing you with exceptional service. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts. We hope that you can return to our hotel in Galveston again very soon!