Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great food, great view, great stay! Staff was really friendly Thanks Holly for your help! Pool was perfect for all ages, beds were comfortable and room service was perfect for sleeping in! My kids had a blast and I would definitely stay again!

1  Thank Gorgeouz
Richard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thanks for leaving a review about your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our service to our guest and will pass on the kudos to Holly for her help. I am glad you and your family enjoyed all the various outlets we have to offer to our guest. We welcome you on your next visit! We have a lot of fun activities for the family and kids during the summer coming up.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We truly enjoyed staying at this hotel.
The service was fantastic! They will be at your beck n call. The hotel is located on the south end of the island which is there a peaceful. I stay at many hotels and this one was a treat

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear our staff took care of your every need. Thank you for staying with us

Reviewed 18 April 2014

It's been awhile,but I'm back.I wanted to write one after my last stay,but the site wouldn't let me.This is my home away home.I enjoy my stay every time.I've been staying here the last few years I enjoy my stay and I have developed somewhat of a friendship with some of the staff For my personal likes,this hotel offers what I like.You have a view that is breathtaking.You have the convenience of a restaurant and lounge on site.The resort is located in a good location where you can walk to alot of places.I read where some people complain about some of the conveniences they offer,but show me a perfect place.You can't control a bug in a Southeast Texas humid evening One thing I agree with is this is the nicest staff Ihat I have ever been apart of.If you feel they are rude,it could be you.Looking forward to being back for the Memorial day weekend.Hope to see my shuttle driver there(he know who he is!) See the crew soon. P.S.save me a room.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 5th floor and up have best views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony A

Well welcome back! Thank you for staying with us again. We’re glad you enjoy our beachfront location of our resort. Our staff is always friendly and here for your assistance. I am sure Ed will be here and can't wait to welcome you back Memorial weekend! Thank you again

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for one night prior to cruise. I found the hotel to be clean and safe. Great location directly across from the beach. The cruise ship was delayed getting into port due to oil spill in Galveston Bay. The staff at the hotel was more than accomodating. They did their absolute best to provide information about situation and shuttle people where they wanted to go. The hotel allowed us late check-out due to the cruise ship's delay, which was wonderful. Instead of sitting in the lobby we were able to relax in our hotel rooms. The hotel also provides free shuttle to not only the cruise ship terminal but just about anywhere around Galveston. We used the shuttle to pick us up from dinner, take us to a shopping area, and finally take us to the terminal when the ship arrived.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for visiting with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy more time on our Resort while the ship was delayed. Thank you for your feedback about our staff.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Every person we encountered at the hotel was very friendly and nice! Rooms were clean and well furnished. Fitness room is small but I was pleasantly surprised that they had free weights. GREAT location!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thanks for leaving a review about your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our service to our guest and are glad to hear that the team exceeded your expectations. We are currently enhancing our Fitness room to double in size, and with an interior entrance. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Nick at the bar is a wonderful asset to this hotel. The service was incredible and nick was very involved with the guests to make us feel welcome. Housekeeping was efficient and fast as well as the front desk

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that our staff exceeded your expectations. I will pass on the feedback to the Management team of Nick and the other departments. Thank you for your praises to our team.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I love the fact that this hotel is across from the beach, you can walk out to the balcony and see the ocean and the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly when you check in. I have stayed here before and have been mostly satisfied. The hotel has a restaurant and a bar but they are basic and priced too high for what they have to offer. The rooms are as if staying in a motel and not a hotel. The hotel is old, has rust under the sink, not all items work as they should. Toilet overflow and the guy came up but did basically nothing but put a towel down for the water. I pray they cleaned it prior to the next guest and the safe was broke. However, all in all and knowing how the hotel is I would stay here again just because I love the beach, the balcony and staff. People attitude make a different.

Stayed: March 2014
Richard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you loved the beachfront location of our resort. I am disappointed to hear our Engineering team did not meet your expectations. I will address with our management team. We value our guest feedback and appreciate your review.