“$1,000+ overcharge”

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 2 May 2014

While our stay at this hotel was fine, but two weeks after we returned home, we found an additional charge for over $1,000 charge for 10 additional days. After three calls to the hotel and two to Holiday Inn Customer Service, the charge has still not been removed. When I spoke to the hotel, I am told they have to check with housekeeping and will call me back. So far that hasn't happened. Beware!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anna P
Richard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the overcharge. I have been told by our management team that this has been corrected; if you have any other concerns please let us know. Thank you for staying with us, and again I apologize as this is not a normal incident.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is an older property but it has been maintained very very well. Rooms were updated and very clean and comfortable. Had a spectacular view from the balcony of the room. Food was excellent and the bar was wonderful. The entire staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston- On the Beach and we’re glad you enjoyed our resort. Our staff is always friendly and here for your assistance. We have an excellent room product that our Housekeeping and Maintenance team strive to keep to the highest quality. Our food and Beverage team have and outstanding product to offer. Thank you and will see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The view and room, 8th floor, was as we remembered, wonderful. The food from the formerly great breakfast (included in the room cost) was the worst food ever! The 'grits' had a metallic taste and the fresh fruit had a taste nearly all the diners shunned after one bite. We ordered a large cheese burger to take up to our balcony and watch the Gulls and Cormorants fly by. We discovered the paper wrapper had been left on the cheese, but only after half of it had been eaten. They gave us credit, but we used it for the breakfast buffet, which made my wife very ill. The buffet cost has been raised to $10.00 each plus taxes and extras making it easy to hit the $30.00 plus mark for lousy food with indifference to quality.

The front desk staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs except for one, Ms. Holly Mitchell. Perhaps it was my mannerisms or her having a bad week, but I was never able to get her to listen to me. My wife made an effort to which Ms. Mitchell's response to was to lie about the reservations I'd set at the outset of the trip.

We will choose another venue for our next vacation. We will NOT be choosing a Wyndham Property!

Room Tip: Avoid all Wyndham owned properties. Read all their reviews with discernment, especially the bad o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Resort and am glad you loved the beachfront views of our resort. I will adddress with our management team your concerns. We value our guest feedback and appreciate your review.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great food, great view, great stay! Staff was really friendly Thanks Holly for your help! Pool was perfect for all ages, beds were comfortable and room service was perfect for sleeping in! My kids had a blast and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Gorgeouz

Thanks for leaving a review about your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our service to our guest and will pass on the kudos to Holly for her help. I am glad you and your family enjoyed all the various outlets we have to offer to our guest. We welcome you on your next visit! We have a lot of fun activities for the family and kids during the summer coming up.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We truly enjoyed staying at this hotel.
The service was fantastic! They will be at your beck n call. The hotel is located on the south end of the island which is there a peaceful. I stay at many hotels and this one was a treat

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear our staff took care of your every need. Thank you for staying with us

Reviewed 18 April 2014

It's been awhile,but I'm back.I wanted to write one after my last stay,but the site wouldn't let me.This is my home away home.I enjoy my stay every time.I've been staying here the last few years I enjoy my stay and I have developed somewhat of a friendship with some of the staff For my personal likes,this hotel offers what I like.You have a view that is breathtaking.You have the convenience of a restaurant and lounge on site.The resort is located in a good location where you can walk to alot of places.I read where some people complain about some of the conveniences they offer,but show me a perfect place.You can't control a bug in a Southeast Texas humid evening One thing I agree with is this is the nicest staff Ihat I have ever been apart of.If you feel they are rude,it could be you.Looking forward to being back for the Memorial day weekend.Hope to see my shuttle driver there(he know who he is!) See the crew soon. P.S.save me a room.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 5th floor and up have best views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony A

Well welcome back! Thank you for staying with us again. We’re glad you enjoy our beachfront location of our resort. Our staff is always friendly and here for your assistance. I am sure Ed will be here and can't wait to welcome you back Memorial weekend! Thank you again

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for one night prior to cruise. I found the hotel to be clean and safe. Great location directly across from the beach. The cruise ship was delayed getting into port due to oil spill in Galveston Bay. The staff at the hotel was more than accomodating. They did their absolute best to provide information about situation and shuttle people where they wanted to go. The hotel allowed us late check-out due to the cruise ship's delay, which was wonderful. Instead of sitting in the lobby we were able to relax in our hotel rooms. The hotel also provides free shuttle to not only the cruise ship terminal but just about anywhere around Galveston. We used the shuttle to pick us up from dinner, take us to a shopping area, and finally take us to the terminal when the ship arrived.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for visiting with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy more time on our Resort while the ship was delayed. Thank you for your feedback about our staff.