“You get what you pay for I paid $199”

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“You get what you pay for I paid $199”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I paid $199 for =executive view=
And got the 8th floor beach view not too bad room is very small and there were roaches I was so sad the balcony is tiny
The pool is small but the view is good. Nice staff friendly
Good high dollar breakfast not included. I would stay if it was $79 a night that's what it's worth to me

• Stayed April 2014
Richard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback. Our team takes pride in providing exceptional service and we are glad that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you on your next visit to Galveston!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our family of three stayed here. Perfect location close to
Pleasure Pier with gulf front views. Very clean rooms and updated decor with roomy balcony. Close to several restaurants. We didn't get to check out the pool.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for staying at our Resort. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the beachfront location of our resort. Our hotel takes pride in providing a quality product, a well-maintained and clean hotel, and friendly & courteous service. Hope to see you this summer to enjoy the sun poolside!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

What a great hotel for a beach holiday. The rooms have balconies and the higher the floor, the better the view, provided evening mist does not come in. The rooms are well equipped, with fridge, microwave, and coffee facilities, although the lighting in the rooms could be better. Beds and pillows are very comfortable, ensuring a good nights sleep, provided you are a heavy sleeper, otherwise the noise of live bands could keep you awake. Breakfast buffet is a must, with plenty of choice, although the toaster could do with upgrading as you have to wait for a long time. All staff are very friendly, from Holly on the desk, and Debbie the concierge, to Savannah and Carlos in the restaurant. Will stay again, when we come back

Room Tip: Rooms on the high floors would be an advantage, not overlooking the pool or B.Jiggers
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston- On the Beach and we’re glad you enjoyed the beachfront location of our resort. Our team pride ourselves on our service to our guest and I am glad to hear that they exceeded your expectations. I will share your comments with the entire staff. Thank you for your review.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have written numerous reviews in the past. Unfortunately they were never very positive. That is about to change! I spent two nights at this hotel this month (5/2014). For the first time, I was pleasantly surprised to find the room to be very clean! The rug had been recently cleaned as well. For the first time, I didn't feel as though I should clean the room before relaxing.
The staff was very polite and efficient as well.
I totally enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Galveston.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us. Our Housekeeping team takes pride in providing the most comfortable room experience to our guest; we strive daily in the cleanliness of our product to exceed our guest expectations and are glad that you were able to relax on vacation and not clean your own room! Thank you for taking the time to writing your review and I will share your comments with the team.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my second time to stay at the Inn. Just like the last time (2011) we were greeted with a warm smile and a wiliness to make our stay the "best". Our Concierge was Mike. He apologize for our rooms not being ready (made great time from Dallas) which was great because we were hungry and and wanted Shrimp Kisses at Fishtails's.
Mike said he would call my sister when the room was ready and HE DID!! Through with lunch, we went back to the Inn and WOW our room was on the 4th floor with a great view of the ocean and the pool area. We noticed immediately the new beds, pillows, towels (sooo soft and thick!) and the new balcony furniture. Each day we had our coffee on the balcony and watched how the Pool Crew cleaned and set up for the day. They power washed every inch and cleaned the pool twice!!
We love the location! Being on the Seawall and the beach right across the street is why we stay there. We always feel safe and with the well lighted parking lot, we know our car will be safe too.
We love eating in the Jetty Restaurant. The service is great and attentive. The food has been always been fresh, hot and very tasty and the dinning room kept extremely clean!
We are already planning a second trip this year to take our mother and other two sisters and will stay at the Inn-they will love the room, balcony, food and location as much as we have!

Room Tip: Try for the the 4th floor up for a view or the ground floor if you want the pool access
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beachloverforlife
Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston- On the Beach and we’re thrilled you loved the beachfront location of our resort. The Shrimp Kisses are my favorite with the view of the Pleasure Pier! We pride ourselves on our service to our guest and are glad to hear that the team exceeded your expectations. Thank you for enjoying all of our various outlets that we offer to our guest. I will pass along to all the team your great comments. We can't wait to have you back this summer!
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was here with a team for business. I was on the 3rd floor. All rooms have balconies that look towards the beach and water. If you are on the first or second floor you will not see anything and my view was not good. It was over the restaurant. It is recreastion and tourist type area and not good for business. We all had issues with Internet either not being able to connect or being so slow we couldn't work. The hotel was being renovated in the lobby so there was only one unisex bathroom for the restaurant, bar, and pool area.

The service was average at best. Got the feeling that they didn't care. The room cleaning was also strange. Some days my AC was set at 74, then next 68. Some days they would leave my open soap, some days take it after one use and give me new. One day no shampoo but two conditioners. One day two shampoo's and no conditioner. At the Jigers bar, we were buying drinks after work and putting it on one persons room. Well every day the bar tender would screen the room number across the bar. Everyone could her it. Please note the room belonged to a female co-worker. She did't (don't blame her) wanting everyone in the bar knowing her room number. She asked the bartender not to do. She kept doing it. She talked to management. She still kept doing it. We stopped going. A lack of caring. This was the feeling I got from everything.

The room is old but remodled. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the TV did work well. Show was okay but pressure was average to below and if neighbor started their shower I would loose all cold water and scald myself. Then they would turn it off and I'd freeze.

You are close to restaurants, Krogers, and Wal-Mart. The beach is across the street. The price is it is noisy and service is below par. You may ask why I chose it for business. I didn't. Work chose it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Richard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston- On the Beach. We always want to provide the best product to our guest and apologize for the upgrade renovations that took place during your stay. I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping and BJigger management team. We value our guest feedback and appreciate the time you to for our review.
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Arriving to gray clouds and sprinkles, I was greeted by the best Concierge I've ever met. ED was the absolute best! I checked in and left for Moody Gardens Convention Center soon after. Check in was a breeze! When I arrived back about an hour or so later, I pulled up and Ed was at the back of my CR-V right as I was getting out of the car. Being a business trip and staying for several days, I had one rolling case extremely heavy. He just loaded 'em up like it was nothing! I asked about parking and he said around back was best and he would meet me there... and he did. The ROOM: Awesome! It was two queen-sized beds, which is always nice travelling alone. I can use the second bed for luggage, etc. The beds were so pristine, very clean sheets, smelled nice. There was a desk and chair, a lounge chair and ottoman; a microwave and fridge. That was great having the fridge!! The BATHROOM: Spotless!! Plenty of towels and great little bottles of toiletries, which were replaced the next day (a rarity nowadays). The VIEW: I was so excited to have a Gulf of Mexico view. I am never that lucky and enjoyed evenings on the balcony just enjoying the waves and watching the people. The location is great! The lounge was fun and rockin' with a live band. The whole staff were incredibly friendly. This was my second stay... I"ll go back! Wish there was a gift shop, tho.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jody H
Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston- On the Beach and I am glad you loved the beachfront location of our resort. Our staff is always friendly and prides themselves on our service to our guest and Ed is an excellent employee, and I will share your comments with him. Our Housekeeping team strives to keep our product to the highest quality. We are currently enhancing our Gift Shoppe and will be re-opening in no time. Thank you for staying with us and we will see you on your next visit.