“nice hotel but the pool is not maintained properly”

The San Luis Resort
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
texas
“nice hotel but the pool is not maintained properly”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is a nice hotel but a bit overpriced in my opinion. The one big advantage of this hotel is it has a nice pool. However one big problem is they don't know how to maintain the chemicals properly. We have stayed here 2 years in a row and both times the water would sting everone's eyes. My kids 5 and 7 did not want to swim that long because of it. I asked other kids if it was bothering them as well and they all said yes. I even talked to the engineer in charge of maintaining the pool and he admitted that the pool was out of balance and his boss likes to err on the side of having too much chlorine than too little. I have a pool my self and it is amazing to me they can't get the chemicals balanced properly when this is a selling point of the resort.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank easygo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
Kountze
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Every year I go to this Hotel for school (work). It's only 2 nights that I stay I have never had any problems or complaint it's beautiful,very,very clean,Everyone that works there that I had met was so friendly & helpful.The pool is always clean.I have stayed at many hotel in Galveston but none was this perfect.I always park in the back & walk right up to the doors,no problem with anyone messing with you from the outside.If you want to feel like a Queen or King then you picked the right hotel.I plan on getting a room next month & bring my daughter & grandaughter & niece just for the night to enjoy the beach !! If you pick this hotel you have no worries,I will say I wished it was alittle cheaper on the price but that is proably why it's so Great & stress free. Barbara Malone

Room Tip: I have never ask for a certain room because everytime I have stayed here it all been good.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank barbi_no2
Houston
Reviewed 6 July 2011

You can not get a better view of the Gulf than in one of these rooms.
Overall I really enjoye the stay of just one night. The Pool gets very, very busy as it is a major meeting area for the younger people in the area.
The room itself, King was pretty nice but it is showing it's age. The decor was nice.
Easy check in & out. The lobby area and entrance very nice, all the staff was very courteous.
I will be staying with them again.
Easy acess to the beach.

Room Tip: Book well in advance
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dkroberson
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My family and I have been staying in this hotel for 27 years, I have baby pictures of me sitting pool side as well as recent ones with my family and we all love it! The condos are awesome for those traveling in groups as it offers alot of room for 4 or 5 girls to get ready to go out for the night...I would call that a plus! The valet service is excellent, they remember us (by name) year after year as well as the concierge desk, we LOVE Fellette!! Anyone posting a bad review on this site is obviously expecting something unfeasible or just being ridiculous!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank KristinWalker
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The staff at this resort were excellent, but it is definitely a party hotel, and not appropriate for families. We were with a group of 15 athletes, ages 10-18, who got quite an education in inebriation. We even had to call security one night. Until the pool bar folks can learn to turn people away when they have had enough, I would steer clear of this resort.

Housekeeping was not good with details. One day, they shorted us a towel, the next, they forgot to empty our garbage. Several days they did not leave regular coffee or cream.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 6 and up have best views.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Molly99801
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed for our mini romantic getaway. We have been here before but since it was summer, we went for the Club 10 floor because we didnt want to be bothered by children during our romantic getaway and Its an all adult floor.

It was worth every penny. The decor was modern and upscale. There were snacks and bottled water in the floor lobby. Fiji water and champagne in the room. Unobstructed ocean view. Maids refreshed our ice bucket and left truffles without us even having to ask. Complimentary valet parking. Private floor access. Most comfy bed ever! Now im spolied and will only stay in the Club 10 rooms.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank Chasaty379
baytown
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Decore was very outdated, toilet broke twice, we had to ask for a fan bc the A/C was not cooloing. We paid 20$ extra a day for a mirowave that did NOT work.

Room Tip: a bit over priced for the accomodations
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business