This is a nice hotel but a bit overpriced in my opinion. The one big advantage of this hotel is it has a nice pool. However one big problem is they don't know how to maintain the chemicals properly. We have stayed here 2 years in a row and both times the water would sting everone's eyes. My kids 5 and 7 did not want to swim that long because of it. I asked other kids if it was bothering them as well and they all said yes. I even talked to the engineer in charge of maintaining the pool and he admitted that the pool was out of balance and his boss likes to err on the side of having too much chlorine than too little. I have a pool my self and it is amazing to me they can't get the chemicals balanced properly when this is a selling point of the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston