Stayed in the Condominiums March 08. Unit clean, well seviced, modern and comfortable. Presumably previous reviews related to non renovated units.Ok Galveston is not Waikiki but still has a great resort beach/island feeling; especially if youve been in Houston too long.
A highlight should be the pool which would be nice except for the clouds of smoke wafting over the whole area from the swim up bar area in one corner- believe it or not they allow people to sit and smoke cigarettes and cigars in the pool. Room information states this is prohibited and against Galveston City ordinances; but security includng an officer who patrolled the pool area all Easter Sunday did nothing and spent a lot of time chewing the fat with these people. The same applied next day (absent security) and the barman happily supplied these people with ashtrays - although a lot of ash went in the pool anyway.
By comparison on the Monday after a swim I took my kids to play on the beach. On the way we stopped to play on the grass slope leading down to the beach. Within minutes of setting foot on the grass a security vehicle turned up and blasted over the loud speaker that it was not allowed and get to get off.
So there you go- the San Luis is happy to ignore what they say are city ordinances and have you and your children suffer the health consequences and unpleasantness of second health smoke when in the pool; but walk on their grass and you are in big trouble.
Recomend this place - yes - otherwise than as set out above
By the way they say it is a family friendly environment..
Will I consisider complaint to Galveston and other authorities about fthis situation or sake of others - yes - thinking about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston