The stay started with a quick check in and very helpful valet and bell staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable, although the bathroom was quite cramped. The beds were not overly comfortable and they do not offer two queens or kings only doubles. I have to say that the front desk, bell, valet and housekeeping were polite and did an excellent job and made my family feel at home. I did not like the fact that I had to pay to workout. The playground that sounds so exciting and state of the art on the brochure, is at the back of the hotel across the parking lot and compared to a burger king playground, a lot smaller. The pool was crowded and it was hard to find a spot to sit. Service at the pool was horrible, another guest had ordered a drink next to me and when she brought it back to him I asked to order a drink for the wife and myself, and she said this was not her normal section but she would get my waitress. I waited for 20 minutes, finally stopping the towel boy who went to look for the waitress. The original waitress came back to have the guest next to me sign his ticket and then asked him if he would like another drink. He said yes and she took his order again, I asked again and she would still not serve me. Needless to say I became irritated at this and made it clear that I was not happy. She then went and found my waitress and my order was placed. The time that transpired was aproximately forty five minute, for one crappy Mojito, one crappy pina colada for the wife and two virgin coladas for the kids. The hotel staff seemed more concerned catering to certain guests than all the guests. I would not stay here again. I would have been better off at La Quinta, at least there you know what you are getting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston