We (me and my husband) decided to stay at the San Luis, for our honeymoon. Once we arrived to the front deck for check in we gave our reservation and the woman at the deck ran a preauthorized amount which took out what we had in our account, and then told us it declined the card. We asked her what she ran it for and she told us she didn't run the card, that it wouldn't even take for 50 dollars, and that we would have to pay cash to keep our reservation. We agreed to pay the cash amount. After getting to the room and deciding we wanted to see the pool/ lounge area, then ordering a drink there, and going to settle our tab. The card was then declined again. I went up to the room to check our account online, there was an amount taken out for a little over a hundred dollars postdated for the next day. My husband went to resolve the problem at the front desk, after getting told a few different stories he decided we weren't going to stay somewhere that he felt we were being scammed. The hotel refunded us only half of the amount we paid in cash (after being there for hardly an hour and a half). The lack of informative knowledge with their actions, along with emptying our bank account and half of our cash on hand, to me goes to show the amount of ignorance, within the San Luis staff. If that wasn't enough for adding insult to injury, after contacting the manager to let him know I would be getting in touch with him through my bank to refund the amount taken off the card (which they said never happened in the first place). I had the lady at my bank fax my transaction records to the manager, he went on to tell her that her "sarcasm" over the phone was not needed. When she was only going over how many times my card was ran at the San Luis along with what went through and asking how he was going to refund it. The amount of unprofessionalism that Mr. Reid carried out, along with the incompetence with the front desk, shows complete disregard for customer satisfaction. Clearly is the reason why I would not recommend this hotel. This was our first choice to stay for the occasion and our honeymoon was ruined before it even began.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston