“Awesome!”

The San Luis Resort
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here on our honeymoon before going on a cruise. The staff were very friendly and helpful! We ate at The Steakhouse and the food was awesome! We had an exceptional waiter there named Kaleb. We will definitely stay here again! Thanks!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
SanLuisGM, Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay with us prior to your cruise. We wish you a happy marriage and hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,424)

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was sick the first day of our visit and the staff took impeccable care of me while my husband was in meetings. They carried my bags up, cleaned my bathroom after I was sick, and brought complimentary crackers and water. All the staff was gracious and professional. Thank you all so much for making a miserable day more bearable.

• Stayed: January 2014

We're sorry to hear you were sick during your stay- this means you'll just have to return again soon and experience all that we have to offer!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was a bit apprehensive at first staying here as i am new to the island but ice heard ita like the Alamo, you can't visit texas without getting the full effect of actually being there. We called a head to ensure our reservations for me and my elderly mother only to be rudely addressed on the phone by karlesha. She aas very short with me and seemed as if my slightest request was an inconvenience. Her rudness aside, the rest of the staff were amazing. Melanie was attentive, personable, and really wanted our stay to be perfect. We dined at the Grotto were chef K.Carter generously came out to allow my mother to personally compliment him on and excellent job on our food. Room service was excellent and timely although a bit pricey. The stores available are unlike any that we have seen in hotels! Cindy was amazing helping my mother one on one with their jewelry, she made us feel like celebrities! After a disappointing meal at flamingos we stoped in the gift shop and was pleasantly greeted by Melissa. She was very caring and intuitive. You could tell she enjoys what she does and is an excellent pick me up after a sour day. A beautiful play of relaxed and fun atmosphere through the entire hotel, after the first night it quickly became my home away from home! Thak you Tommy for al of you help and suggestions!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank meangreentee

Thanks for all of the compliments to our staff! We're glad you and your Mom enjoyed yourself and hope you had safe travels back home

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a great hotel for a fun getaway to Galveston: business or pleasure. It's right on the Seawall; all rooms overlook the Gulf of Mexico. Rooms are very well appointed: upscale. Bathroom amenities are very nice: robes, upgraded toiletries, coffee maker. Free wifi and parking. The patio offers a great seating area to sit with a glass of wine and watch the world go by. The Staff are extremely pleasant, attentive, and professional. We had dinner at The Grotto in the hotel and enjoyed a fabulous dinner. They're replastering the pool now, just in time for the summer and their swim up bar! Summers require a two night minimum on the weekends. The location is great: walk across the street to the water, or go for a great walk along the Seawall. The way the holtel is situated, you can see amost the entire Galveston Island. From the glass-walled hallway, you can see the Historic Strand District and a cruise ship if it's in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us while in Galveston. Hope you tried one of the seasonal dishes at Grotto- they are getting some rave reviews! See you soon

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Been there many times but first time my wife and I actually stayed there. I made my reservation a week in advance, and noticed that the rates had dropped the day before we were set to arrive, Normally I would just cancel the reservation then rebook with the lower rates, but they have a 3 day cancellation policy so I couldnt do that. When i arrived I told the desk assistant that the rates were advertised lower after I booked. Without any hesitation she lowered my rate and saved me over 150 dollars. Great feeling to know they did that. The next day we had a small issue with our room and they immediately moved me without question to an upgraded room. From what i could tell, the San Luis Staff are very attentive to the customer and I would definitely stay there again. The restaurants and bars onsite are also awesome. Very enjoyable weekend.

Room Tip: The higher the better as far as views of the Gulf
1  Thank 857JorgeM
SanLuisGM, Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We love to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations! Do keep us in mind the next time you're staying in Galveston!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at the Hotel the last long weekend before Halloween. It was still busy the pool was very nice and warm. The resturant was good we only ate breakfast. The front desk was very helpful the key machine was broke they let us in the room and told us it would be a few minutes within 10 minutes we had our keys. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: ask for the adult floor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for staying with us this fall. Next year we've got big plans for another Haunted Halloween bash and turning our 13th floor into a haunted floor- so make your plans now to come back!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

LOVE the San Luis... Dee (Reservations) was SOOO personable, professional, & accommodating!!! The Staff is great...We LOVE the ocean views from ALL rooms. It's WONDERFUL sitting on the balcony even when cold/rainy. A LOVELY hotel... The pool area at night is BEAUTIFUL! The Steakhouse is OUTSTANDING... FANTASTIC in warm weather and a SUPER winter GETAWAY!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the BEST views...
1  Thank AAAOrange_TXUSA
SanLuisGM, Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thanks for sharing the love!! It's always warming to hear when our staff exceeds our guest expectations! See you soon!