“Outstanding Service, Awesome Ten Club!”

The San Luis Resort
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the moment we arrived, the service was excellent all over the Resort and we were impressed. The Spa was great, very small which is good and it is kept up very nicely. I had a Massage and it was excellent, one of the best I have ever had.
We arrived a little earlier than we expected as we drove in from Houston and the Front Desk was accommodating, allowing us to check our bags and provided us with pool access. The pool was kept very clean and the bar was busy on this hot summer day, but the bartenders and servers were always around ready for us to order a refill.
We really enjoyed the Club Ten rooms, they were very nice and had great views, all the rooms here have balconies overlooking the Gulf. We can definitely tell that Housekeeping does a great job at keeping the rooms clean. It is key access floor, which is nice. They have waters and sweets on the floor in the afternoon as well as coffee in the morning and you also receive complimentary breakfast in the room, which is defintely worth the upgraded price.
We only stayed one night, but I would definitely come back again for at least two nights so I can enjoy the pool area and the other amenities a little more.

Room Tip: Chose the Club Ten if you are traveling without kids!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brad S
SanLuisGM, Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

We thank you for your review and appreciate your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We highly recommend our Club Ten floor. The guestrooms on that floor have been recently renovated and as you mentioned, we provide upgraded amenities including champagne, snacks, bottled water and complimentary breakfast. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Steve Kalbaugh, Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,419)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I stayed in the family penthouse suite. Due to the fact that these penthouse suites are not rented that often, I felt the front desk did not always know how to handle a problem pertaining to the suites. However three gentlemen made our trip spectacular. At the front desk please ask for Jacob - truly the ultimate professional at his job. Solved problems ASAP , granted request ASAP, etc., went above and beyond his regular duties to ensure our satisfaction and helped us being that this was our first visit to this resort. Second, a evening valet by the name of Brock and a weekend valet, named Dennis Stark treated us ( and other guest as I watched) like we were royalty. These three people gave a great example of how an upper end resort should (and to be expected) should treat their guest. I would definately recommend their conceire, (her name escapes me at this moment) who made our summer trip more enjoyable also. I am recommending this resort if you want to be treated like royalty. 5 out of 5 stars!

Room Tip: Definately reserving the family penthouse suites again
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael S

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our family suites. We also appreciate your commendation of our associates. It is our team's goal to provide quality accommodations and exceptional service. We thank you for your business and we hope that you will visit us again at the San Luis Resort very soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had confirmed reservations made through Opentable at Grotto Restaurant at 1:00 PM on July 4th. When we arrived, we found the restaurant did not even open until 4:00 PM. We met the Restaurants Manager, Jean Paul, who could not have been more accomodating. Naturally, he could not open the restaurant for us, but promised to look into the problem with OpenTable accepting and confirming the reservations, then led us to another restaurant within the hotel (Blake's Bistro), where he brought us a couple of dishes on the house, and made sure we were very well taken care of service-wise.

The food and service were both excellent, and the hotel did an excellent job of covering for OpenTable's error.

Room Tip: Valet parking is complimentary when you dine in the hotel--just ask the restaurant to confirm that y...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gene T

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your inconvenience of Grotto not being opened and we appreciate your commendation of Jon Paul, our Director of Restaurants. We thank you for your patronage of our resort and we hope that you can make a return visit very soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I live 20 miles north of Galveston, never vacationed there. This year, decided to take my daughter down for a girl's weekend. I wanted to fall in love much more than I did with The San Luis. The main floor and restaurants are very impressive and outstanding. The rooms did not meet expectation. The first 3 minutes in the room my daughter found an empty cigarette carton on the floor. Gross. So we took it out of the room and threw it away. Later that evening, I found a bottle cork and dirty glass on the floor. I put them on the TV stand in hopes housekeeping would take them away. Not only did these stay the remainder of the weekend, so did my coffee cup from the in room Keurig each morning. The AC vent leaked, and housekeeping removed the rug that was keeping us from slipping on the marble. The housekeeping staff is selective and not attuned to detail. The rooms are not of the caliber I expected for the price; beds/pillows maybe average, probably less. I gave the front desk feedback on the room service upon my exit, virtually no response. Would not even look at me (and I give nice feedback - usually people are happy!) The rest of the staff was exceptional, friendly, helpful and competent. Jacob was especially helpful printing a file I needed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank signup_pro

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are in the middle of renovations and we have completed all of the public areas. The next focus of our renovations is on the guestrooms and the guest corridors. I apologize for the cleanliness issues that you had. This is not our standard of cleanliness or service. I will address this experience with our team so we can ensure that this doesn't occur again. Please contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss this matter in further detail. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The San Luis Resort is the diamond on the Gulf of Mexico. The first moment we got out of our car, each and every request or wish were answered with a smile and a yes of course. Never have I been treated like a king, as I have been here.
The restaurants, the pool, H2O, all first class.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pat H

Thank you for your review and your feedback. Our resort team takes pride in providing quality accommodations and exceptional service. We appreciate your patronage of the San Luis Resort and we hope that you can make a return visit soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Eric Dean this morning, a telephone representative for the San Luis Hotel. He was very pleasant and was able to accommodate ALL of my requests which included adding an additional room reservation to my existing one...a cabana rental for 2 cabanas and dinner reservations at The Steakhouse restaurant to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday. If this is any indication of how my stay will be...I'll definitely be a returning customer! Thanks, Mr. Dean, for making a wonderful "first impression" for me. We are looking forward to our stay already!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sonya610

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your commendation of Eric in our Reservations Department and we also appreciate your wonderful comments about our steakhouse and the Resort. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I visited the resort for 2 days on June 11 & 12th and I was blown away by how great this place is. The service was amazing the pool and all the bars and restaurants were super. The steakhouse had the most amazing ribeye I have ever had. I have traveled all over the Caribbean, Aruba, Maui and the Bahamas and the service here blew those places away. Now I did miss the blue water of those other places but the hospitality more then made up for it. I will certainly go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SanLuisGM, Manager at The San Luis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our resort and the hospitality of our staff. It is our team's goal to provide our guests with both quality accommodations and exceptional service. We thank you for your patronage of the San Luis Resort and we look forward to your next visit with us.