“Tremont Hotel Review”

The Tremont House A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (2,289)

Reviewed 19 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I spent my New Year in Galveston, and I decided to stay at The Tremont House. At first, the hotel address would not show up in my GPS so I learned that the proper GPS address input should be "2300 Mechanic St., Galveston, TX 77550."

I booked my hotel through Expedia.com and brought my service dog in training with me. Although my dog is still in training, the hotel staff decided that I would not have to pay for the dog's stay with me. I told the front desk staff that I wouldn't mind paying for her because she was still in training and not a full-pledged service dog yet. They said it was okay and made her stay with me for free. That was excellent.

I also asked assistance with my baggage and they were great in doing this. Within five minutes after I opened my room door, the bellboy was there to deliver my luggage. Excellent service on this too!

I utilized the valet service and the valet personnel were great at what they do. My car was always ready within 5 minutes when I asked for it. There was a time that my car was already running when I got down and all I had to do was hop in and drive off. The valet personnel would even open the door for you and wish you a safe trip and to return safely back. Excellent service on this one too!

Overall, the hotel cleanliness during my stay was great! There was a bar and a lounge on the first floor and they played live Jazz and Christmas music on new year's eve! The door man was very nice in opening the door and greeting not only me but my dog.

I also utilized the room service/food service. Within 20 minutes after placing my order, the food was up in my room. It came with all the condiments (salt, pepper, ketchup, Dijon mustard, sugar, mayonnaise) without me even asking for them. The room service man was very gracious and I felt like tipping him more because of his friendly attitude (although the room service bill already included a 10% tip according to the menu).

The movie selection in the hotel was alright, with most of the new releases in stock. I just wish that they would put a DVD or BD player with the TV so customers would have an option to rent from Red Box to watch movies the hotel was not offering through their service. I also thought that the price for each movie was a little high, although this was not really a surprised for a 4-star rated hotel.

The property is located near The Strand (just one block, parallel to Mechanic St.), which offers access to coffee shops, restaurants, clothing stores, etc. I bought some burgers and ate them in my room with no problem.

The house keepers were good in honoring the "Do Not Disturb" sign that I put on the door. They did not wake me up early and when I meet them in the hallway, they were always smiling and greeting me and my dog. I just wished that they would ask me if I needed more towels, but it was okay because I had enough for me and my dog. It would be nicer though if they asked.

Overall, great hotel! Great staff, good food, good location! Thank you for the excellent service. I'll be back again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review on your stay at The Tremont House. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the service as well as the Island Jazz Project who entertained in the Toujouse Bar. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a relaxing night away from the madness of Houston. The staff was pleasant and helpfull. Galveston was surprisingly "dead" for a Friday night, but the hotel was just what we needed.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We are so pleased that you had a relaxing getaway at The Tremont House. If you are looking for a busier night, make plans for Mardi Gras! Galveston. The hotel is in the heart of the Mardi Gras Uptown District. We hope to see you again soon.