2,461 results
All reviews rooftop bar high ceilings sister hotel foot ceilings jazz band hardwood floors valet parking strand area ceiling fan within walking distance valet service downtown galveston historical hotel historic district dickens on the strand mardi gras fourth floor
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Excellent customer service. Luxurious feel. Good food. Fabulous location! Ask for a room on the waterside and fourth floor for a great view! Perfect local to shop and eat in The Strand District. You can just walk everywhere. Only downside is parking is extra, but you don't really have another option.

1  Thank Niki C

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your "romantic getaway" to Galveston Island and stay at The Tremont House. Great recommendation on the room and we hope that you had the opportunity to have a drink at our Rooftop Bar. We hope that you will make a return visit very soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I loved everything about the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food was good and the portions HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We appreciate your kind review on your stay at The Tremont House. We love that you a "great night." Please stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was here back in January for a UTMB graduate school interview. They accommodated my lodging by placing me at the Tremont House. I must say that this hotel is quite exquisite! It definitely has its historical background as one of its selling points. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They were also very accommodating to my requests. The hotel bar service was wonderful, and can make just about any drink you request. The room I had was a single queen bed room. While the room isn't the largest hotel room, the ceiling is very high, which gave you a feeling of depth in the room. The room was very clean by the time I arrived, and everything in the bathroom was in good, working order. I would definitely recommend this hotel for others who happen to be staying in the Galveston area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Tremont House while in town for interviews at UTMB. Good luck with that! We do have plans to add a history display on the hotel in the near future. We hope that you will have a chance to enjoy it on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed one night before our cruise and took advantage of the valet/during your cruise parking. The room was extremely roomy and reminded me of staying in a European hotel only with large rooms. So nice with the wood floors and the very comfortable bedding. Staff were all very helpfull and since we saw them so many times coming and going I must say how terrific the valet service is here! Wifi worked great, Starbucks downstairs so I had my latte fix, although they do have coffee and tea in rooms. All in all a very nice stay!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your pre-cruise stay at The Tremont House. We like to describe the hotel as a boutique-style hotel. We hope that you stay with us again soon.