2,441 results
All reviewsrooftop barhigh ceilingssister hotelfoot ceilingsjazz bandhardwood floorsvalet parkingstrand areaceiling fanwithin walking distancevalet servicedowntown galvestonhistorical hotelhistoric districtdickens on the strandmardi grasfourth floor
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

While staying in Galveston a local suggested that I️ come to The Tremont House to enjoy a nice meal in the cafe. Once there I️ was greeted by two very kind and helpful staff members. In the cafe, Jessica and Monique answered any and all questions I️ had. They were very patient while I️ was deciding what to order and my food was ready by the time I️ chose a table. Jessica came by frequently to ask how I️ was doing, if I️ needed anything else, and she also provided a list of places I️ should check out while I️ was in the area. In addition to the great service my breakfast was delicious! I️ was extremely happy with the time I️ spent at The Tremont House and I️ will most definitely return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Lindsey,
Delivering a tasty meal with exceptional service is our goal here at The Tremont House and we're pleased to hear this was precisely what you experienced. We'll be sure to let Jessica and Monique know you appreciated their friendly, attentive service; they will be thrilled! Come back again when you're in Galveston; we'd love to serve you again!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, built well over a century ago, with charm and grace. The room was decorated with sophistication, but what was amazing, everything was truly lovely, even the furnishings in the halls were lovely. In the salon between the front desk and the bar, there was cucumber-lime and strawberry water. Everything was perfect.

In the rooms, the television is tucked in a wardrobe / closet. The entire hotel was just lovely, and the service was excellent.

Stayed: November 2017
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Michelle,
We really appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent stay. Seeing that you so enjoyed the rich history and charm of our accommodations warms the hearts of our team. We love bringing together the exquisite with all the modern conveniences our guests deserve. Thank you for your compliments for our service team as well. We look forward to your next visit to The Tremont House!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a well managed, clean, luxurious hotel. The personnel are polite and well trained. The food at the restaurant is very good with ample portions. The rooms are large and appointed with top quality furnishings with an old world décor including solid wood floors.
We stayed for the Lone Star Motorcycle Rally which is the first weekend in November. If you plan to attend the rally; this is the place to stay. If you aren't into motorcycle rallies, you should choose another weekend but this is still the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

We hope that you had a fantastic time at the Lone Star Rally! Our team here at The Tremont House was delighted to have you with us and we greatly appreciate your thoughtful remarks for our service team. It always warms our hearts to see that our guests really enjoyed the historic charm and delightful decor of our storied accommodations. Thank you very much for recommending us, and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again here in Galveston.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Hands down our favorite hotel stay ever. We arrived well before check in time and even though we werent able to check in early, our luggage was stored for us and we were able to go off and explore. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the rooms are huge. I noticed a bit of brown on the white be out in the shower. The restaurant area was a bit too pricey, we skipped it in favor of cheaper options. I am not an overly picky hotel guest though and these two things can be overlooked considering everything else was exceptional.
I worried that our 2.5 year old would be out of place there and considered booking elsewhere but my husband and I loved the look of thisnplace so we took a chance and booked here. I'm so glad we did. We didnt feel like he was unwelcome at all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Jill,
It was wonderful having you, and your family stay with us here at The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel. We are so happy that you chose us for your trip to Galveston. Our team appreciates all your lovely comments about their friendly and helpful service. We are flattered to hear that we are now your favorite hotel. We strive to provide our guests with outstanding customer service and accommodations. It is fabulous to hear that we accomplished our goal with your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to stay here because I booked through a third party and was booked on the wrong dates. When I realized that I was charged for a "no show" I called the hotel to try to get a room on the correct dates or at least get a little of my money refunded.
The customer service at this hotel is awful!!! Do not expect anyone to help you or at least be accommodating. They are obviously into stealing your money without any kind of remorse.
I spoke to the supervisor of customer service " Shawna" who basically just tried to sell me another room (2 night min) at 150.00 MORE a night.
At the very least, I would expect a credit as the hotel was not out any money. They charged me for a Sunday night, 4 days after I was supposed to stay.
This hotel is nice, but it is not worth that kind of money to me if the customer service sucks and trust me, it does.
I just booked two nights at the Hotel Galvez, please try that one as I know they have exceptional customer service and in the industry to make any stay a pleasant one.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tremont House a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Nancy,
We are very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced. We apologize that our customer service staff was not able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. When a guest books through a third party site, the refund has to be made through that party. We charge for "no shows" because the hotel is unable to sell the room if there is a reservation. We want all of our guests to enjoy their time with us. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to show you our improved customer service at a future date.