My family and I recently stayed at The Victorian in Galveston, Texas. There are five of us, so we rented out a condo with one bedroom, bunk beds, and a pull-out bed. While the location is right across the beach with a good view from some of the condos and with a large complex, we were horrified to discover two rather large bedbugs inhabiting our pull-out sofa bed. Not only was the mattress insufficient for comfort or back support, it had pests! We were immediately upgraded to a larger condo with a better view, but it was rather suspicious that the managerial staff were not surprised to hear about the bugs. The new room had no issues, but no one slept that night until all the beds were double-checked! Be careful with the housekeeping in this hotel!
A good tip for wary travelers would be to purchase a handheld UV light that can illuminate bedbugs and any larvae or trails left by them in beds, and always check beds especially the less frequently cleaned pull-outs! We know we will for sure in the future!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Victorian Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Victorian Condo-Hotel Resort And Conference Center
- Hawthorn Suites Galveston
- The Victorian Hotel Galveston
- Galveston Hawthorn Suites