“Terrible unsafe Motel”

Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Terrible unsafe Motel with many unsavory characters lurking in and around. Woken up at 2:30 a.m. by groups of guys yelling loudly and heard; shoot him, shoot him! Didn't get back to sleep and checked out ahead of schedule the next morning. Office personel didn't ask or seem to care why I was checking out so earlier. Room was also filthy and building was in disrepair.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nobody150
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Nobody150, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This LaQuinta has been bought by Motel 6 and is now a dirty,nasty,unsafe motel! I always stayed at this location when it was a LaQuinta and decided to try the new Motel 6 arrangement because it is close to my relatives and pet friendly. I am now looking for anothe motel for next year! There was visible dirt on the bed and the room smelled terrible. I had to change rooms when I returned from my relatives about 11PM to avoid the shirtless,drinking men hovering around my room.There were many ladies in shorts and stilletoes paying for rooms with cash, and folks hanging over the balconies yelling and drinking. It was horrible.Please do not waste your money or put yourself or your family in danger by staying here.It used to be a nice place to stay and I am so sorry Motel 6 bought it. The quality has fallen 100%!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chimama1
Reviewed 29 July 2013

When we first booked our three rooms, this property was a LaQuinta Inn. When we arrived, the property had been sold to Motel 6. One of the rooms had filthy carpet, a telephone that was not connected, and a shower that did not work. The pool was supposed to close at 10:00 p.m. but those using it were still there past midnight. A call to management was required to stop the noise. The area in which this property is located is very run down and the motel is as well. There were dead roaches in one of the rooms and mold was present in the shower. The clientele was not the type in which I would wish to take my family.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you find another motel option.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I took my wife and kids to Dallas for the weekend. Thought I'd try staying outside of Dallas and possibly get a cheaper rate. I did get a cheaper rate and checked into a room that wasn't a double as we expected, and also had a foul cigarette odor so we asked for a new room. Went to the new room after going back to the office AGAIN when the keys didn't work, and witnessed (with my wife and four kids) a "lady of the night" in broad daylight, knocking on the door of the room directly below us. The key worked this time but I wished that it hadn't. This room was filthy, had live bugs in the bathroom light fixture, smelled of cigarette, and a condom wrapper in the closet which of course, my five year old daughter found. Thank GOD she didn't pick it up! Went back to the office and checked out... later found a better place in Plano!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank warrenandwifeandkids
A TripAdvisor Member
Terrell, Texas, USA
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here because we were offered a military discount. Room had a king bed which was very comfortable, room was clean and had no foul smells. Linens were clean, bathroom were clean. But to me the most important thing going for this La Quinta location is that the A/C was on prior to our arrival. Our room was already cool and to me that showed they cared about their future guest. Our vehicle was not bothered, there was a security looking guy wondering the parking lot which helped. We did not have the breakfast so I cannot comment on it. Overall I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This was about what I expected. The hotel is located next to a busy freeway on a short one=way street, so getting in and out required a little bit of looping around, but nothing too dramatic. The room itself was very quiet, considering the location. Desk clerk said that they had 24 hour security. I didn't stay up all night to check, but all seemed quiet and nobody messed with us, our stuff, or our car. If you read the reviews of other hotels in this area that seems to be an accomplishment. The room was clean, bathroom was clean, and everything that was supposed to work did. Plenty of parking, shower was good, and the king sized bed was VERY comfortable. The continental breakfast was pretty lame, but that wasn't a big deal for us. TV and remote were good. All in all, a decent place to spend the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PBSpeakeasy
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Keep up the great work. Thank you for loving pets. You should advertise on animal planet and support pet shelters. Pet travelers are the most dedicated people and cautious about the rooms, and LOYAL to LQ.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank bryanm206
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas
Hotel Balch Springs
Hotel Balch Springs
#2 of 2 in Balch Springs
Super 8 Garland/Rowlett/East Dallas Area

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy? Share your experiences!