“A bit disappointed”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We picked this motel based on other reviews. The room is very clean and quiet with a new flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. However, we have stayed here 4 nights with a hotel spa that is out of service and the indoor pool is about 65 degrees. The only amenity in the bathroom is a small bottle of shampoo unlike other motels that offer hand cream, mouthwash, conditioner, etc. The breakfast buffet consists of plastic tasting scrambled eggs, sausage{?} patties and tired bagels and pastries. The desk staff is put in charge of the buffet so be patient to wait for adequate refilling of buffet items. Poppy was a very nice desk clerk with whom we enjoyed several conversations. Safe neighborhood. If we stay here again, we need a working pool and spa. With our grandchildren with us, it was a real let-down.

Room Tip: If you book for more than a couple of days, choose BEST RATE when making online reservations. It is...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Grant65

Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I just spent two nights at this property. Our checkin was efficient, the room quiet and clean. It was a bonus that the property is a smoke free one, so we don't have to worry about being in a smoker's room, if they run out of the smoke free ones. The breakfast was was the usual fare, I was pleased that packages of oatmeal were available. Only two problems: I could never get hot water in the morning for my shower, only lukewarm although I ran the water for awhile, and we never got our wake up call, which necessitated a mad dash to leave, once we woke ourselves up and discovered we'd overslept by a couple of hours. I regret trusting their wake up call service, and should have brought my alarm clock and also set the one in the room. Still, a very nice stay at this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Houma, LA
Reviewed 11 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 2 December 2012

It's a pretty low cost to stay at this wonderful hotel! The people were nice! The rooms were clean and all new! You could hook up stuff to the TV like a Wii or PS3! (Unlike most hotels.) The Free Breakfast was nice! The fitness center was also nice everything in there worked! In fact I only had 2 problems. the pool was a little too cold! But you get use to it! Also there doesn't seem to be too much staff but that wasen't too much of a problem! If you have to stop in Garland for a night this is the hotel to go to!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at several La quinta Inn's anywhere from New York to Dallas, and this one in Garland, Texas on Bobtown Rd Exit is the best I have experienced. I have a pet so we are always looking for a pet friendly hotel when we are on vacation, that is always a plus for me. I really appreciate La Quinta Inn for being a pet friendly hotel The check in was very polite and courtesy and a speedy check in. The rooms were very nice and clean, the quanity and quality of the breakfast was very good. So overall I would rate this hotel very high..

Room Tip: If you want a very nice and clean hotel with the rate very reasonable stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed 6 October 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Thank you La Quinta! We were so pleased to find this smoke-free and dog friendly hotel right on the Interstate. We opted for a two-room suite which offered two spacious rooms. The difference in cost is well worth it if one person wants to nap while the other wants to watch TV, especially when traveling with a 90 lb dog. He had his own room. The parlor had a table and four chairs with plenty of space for four people to eat in the room with no crowding. The fridge was an under counter small fridge. All in all a good stop between Dallas and Texarkana.

Room Tip: Go for the 2-room suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Super 8 Garland/Rowlett/East Dallas Area
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#5 of 16 in Garland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockwall

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point? Share your experiences!