“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Garland
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed here to attend a graduation at the Special Events Center across the street. Hotel is clean, spacious and quiet. Rooms are great. Staff is very friendly. Very affordable price and great value.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

My family and I stayed two nights at the Hyatt Place Garland and it was a great experience and uneventful stay. We had a room with two beds and a couch. The room was quite large, kind of like a suite and was clean and easy to get around. The front staff were very kind and helpful and even helped us look for a lost item. The breakfast by far is the best I have seen at other hotels and the food was fresh and they had a large selection. My girls also were very pleased with the hotel pool and hottub. I also enjoyed their workout equipment, each excerise machine had it's own neat little monitor and different programs to track your workout.
We will returning to the Hyatt Place in Garland for our next visit in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Parowan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

I stayed here for a conference which was just behind and across the street at the special event center. I loved this hotel. It isn't superncheap but much better than rooms I have paid $200 for. I paid &119. I got a double room with two beds. There is a divider between the beds and a very large living room area with a huge sectional couch, comfortable desk and counter with fridge. This Room ranks as my favorite. Very nice.

Tier are restaurants nearby as well as a WalMart and SAMs club. The do offer a free shuttle service within 5 miles and I used that a lot since I didn't have a car.

This was a great hotel!

• Stayed February 2011
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

This hotel is adjacent to the Garland ISD Special Events Center which is used for graduations as well as many high school basketball playoff games and college conference tournaments. It is perfect for folks attending any of those events as it is within easy walking distance of the SEC.

There are any number of restaurants within walking distance; Matt's Mexican shares a parking lot as does Buffalo Wild Wings. There is an IHOP a few hundred feet farther away. Across the freeway are Outback Steakhouse, On The Border, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Texas Land & Catle steakhouse and others. For light shopping, there are both a WalMart and Target one block away as well as the large Firewheel Mall about one mile to the east. There are many more restaurants in and around Firewheel.

For golfers, Firewheel golf course is about one mile away and is the largest public golf faciltiy in Texas, with 63 holes. It is the site of numerous high school and college tournaments as well as corporate golf outtings. Firewheel is an excellent facility and has outstanding practice areas at both clubhouses.

The hotels location right off the Bush Turnpike makes getting around the Dallas area very easy. There is also a light rail station about two miles away which allows quick transit to downtown Dallas and the American Airlines Center.

The staff at the hotel was wonderful; possibly the friendliest I have ever encountered. There is a snack and coffee bar open twenty-four hours that is very nice and convenient. The rooms were extremely large and the beds comfortable. My only complaint was the lack of a microwave in the rooms. Every room was like a mini-suite; large bed, separate bath and vanity areas, large sofa and ottoman, separate work desk with high speed internet, coffee area with small refrigerator and large flat-screen television with movie channels.

Despite being so close to the Tollway and adjacent to Naaman Forest High School, the hotel was very quiet and there was never a problem sleeping. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing to be in this area for business, shopping or to attend an event at the Special Events Center.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Garland, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

Nice Hotel. Employees are very nice, rooms were clean, big and modern. I booked this room 4 months in advance online at the rate of $79. When I checked my account on Monday they charged me $154!!!!!! When I called to inquire about the extra charges I was told there is a $25 incidental charge that would drop off, depends on my bank how long that takes and then taxes. I asked what rate was I charged for the room and I was told $119. I explained that amount was incorrect and I was told that the email conf that was sent (I never got the email) specified the rate at $119. I explained I did not get the email and was never told the rate was that high. I was told there was nothing they could do!! So for $119 I would say pay $10 more and stay at the Hilton on Lake Ray Hubbard. MUCH nicer rooms, lake front, shopping, movies and NICE restaurants in walking distance. I thought it was a great deal at $79, would have even paid $99 but $119...def not!

Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank KPGarland
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

Pros:
-very big, comfortable, and clean room.
-Beds and bathroom set back from the door to the hall by a really nice roomy sitting area.
- beds very comfy - sealy posturpedic
-We were right by the elevator but heard nothing either night -- not even the night there was a wedding, when we were expecting it to be noisy.
-Love the ability to connect my mp3 player to tv for playing -- once I got the hang of it.
-Right next to the special events center -- may be con also
-close to shopping, but one way access road hampers travel some. Also, I haven't checked my toll tag yet, but apparently the tolls are pretty stiff on the tollway.
- staff was very friendly and helpful.
-our room faced the highway but the hotel is set back far enough to where you can't hear anything outside.
- there were computers with internet available, but not in separate room as indicated, just 2 computers in alcove in lobby. The internet worked quickly. There is wireless available for personal computers, but we didn't have ours.
- lots of parking

Cons:

- no microwave available (didn't ask though - may have been one in back)
-seemed to be understaffed at breakfast. this is why I took away a point from the service score. At other times there was always someone available at the front desk.
-breakfast had few choices, coffee was empty, and fruit was bad. Poor girl running the front desk had to also take care of the breakfast and snack bar purchases. Would appreciate vending machines as an alternative to the wait. but on the plus side, there is the ihop within walking distance which we went to instead the 2nd morning (very busy on weekends, but was good)
- tap water kind of funky

obviously my cons center around food. So otherwise this was a great hotel and I would definitely return. Very peaceful, which is what I was hoping for.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
plano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

My brother got married at the Garland Hyatt Place and I was their wedding planner. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. They went out of their way to provide for everything we requested and did their best to work around our schedule. We also had a lot of our wedding guests staying here and all our guests felt well taken care of. It was also very convenient for our out of town guests to be staying upstairs and just walk down to the banquet hall.

• Stayed May 2009
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
Holiday Inn Garland
#6 of 15 in Garland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson? Share your experiences!