“Always Good”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rowlett Parkway
Transit: There is a DART stop nearby.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I have been there many times, most recently for a pre-theater dinner with four friends. ONe of the great things about Houlihan's is the variety, particularly the small meals.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Wife and I went last evening, she order the 5 oz sirloin medium well with a wedge salad and I ordered the petit filet,medium rare

When the orders arrived the wedge salad plate had the filet and my plate had the sirloin. The steaks were at least cooked as ordered,almost. The sirloin was medium well but the filet was clearly medium.

I know it's a fine line but I expect a restaurant like Houlihan's to be able to handle it. Ia.so expect that the kitchen staff can tell a sirloin from a filet.

The apple pie dessert was very tasty but the mixed up meat is a definite minus in my book.

1  Thank CodeRider
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I met a friend here for lunch at her suggestion and frankly expecting a Chili's or Applebee's type of experience:-(. But to my surprise, it was really good! I had the scallops and asparagus risotto and my friend the beef sliders and fries. The scallops were cooked perfectly not the bullets you often get and the risotto was soooo tasty. My friend really enjoyed her sliders and the fries I swiped appeared to be fresh cut and so crispy outside but tender inside. Service was nice for a leisurely meal. I will definely be back. P.S. it was a saturday and I treated myself to a chocolate martini that was yummy!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We enjoyed their menu and the food was very good. The atmosphere was eclectic and hip. Our daughter also likes this place and she is in her twenties.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stopped by at 2 in the afternoon on our way home from a trip to Durant,OK. There were only a few other customers dining but the wait staff looked bored. They were all sitting at tables talking. The food was great as always but service was slow. The rustic tomato soup is awesome! My husband had the mini veggie sliders and said they were very good. The staff was either tired from a big lunch crowd or just plain uninterested in working. I gave the restaurant a good review because its a relaxing atmosphere and the food was great! We will keep going there and hopefully the staff will have more energy next time.

Been to Houlihan's? Share your experiences!