“Mediocre Service”

Ranked #6 of 336 Restaurants in Garland
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rowlett Parkway
Transit: There is a DART stop nearby.
dallas
“Mediocre Service”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The service is always mediocre. The hostesses always look lost and are not friendly. We always try to go there but are always disappointed at the service and food.

Visited July 2013
Natalie B, Owner at Houlihan's, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We apologize for your recent visit! We have very high standards for customer service and strive for knowledgeable and friendly staff. I will be sending you a private message momentarily with my contact information if you'd like to chat about your visit in more detail.

Faryle
Houlihan's Marketing

Dallas, Texas
“Great experience for Food Allergies”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I visited this restaurant a couple of weeks ago with my husband, 4 yr old son with food allergies, my 3.5 month old and two adult friends. We all dine out together on a regular basis but had not been to Houlihan's. We went because my friend had a free meal for her birthday.

I looked at the menu for items my oldest son might be able to eat and I called the evening before and talked to the Manager on Duty, Nancy. We discussed the options I thought might be okay for him to eat and she suggested some other things. When we got there, we asked for Nancy. Boy, did she deliver! She took our order, cooked it and brought it to the table! We did have to tweek the chicken fingers but we got them. Nancy sautéed them in olive oil herself! And they had fresh carrots, canned mandarin oranges and my son was even able to eat the French fries.

That is the first time I have ordered off of a kid's menu at a restaurant! Most of them have allergens, galore. My friends even commented about what great service we got from Nancy! We will definitely go back and not just when one of us has a free meal!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank travelsquiteabit
Malakoff, Texas, United States
“Great Place for Lunch”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I ate at Houlihan's for lunch in between shopping. Great baked potato soup and salad! The waiter was really nice despite me being by myself.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Always Good”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I have been there many times, most recently for a pre-theater dinner with four friends. ONe of the great things about Houlihan's is the variety, particularly the small meals.

Visited July 2013
Wylie, Texas
“Confused in the kitchen”
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Wife and I went last evening, she order the 5 oz sirloin medium well with a wedge salad and I ordered the petit filet,medium rare

When the orders arrived the wedge salad plate had the filet and my plate had the sirloin. The steaks were at least cooked as ordered,almost. The sirloin was medium well but the filet was clearly medium.

I know it's a fine line but I expect a restaurant like Houlihan's to be able to handle it. Ia.so expect that the kitchen staff can tell a sirloin from a filet.

The apple pie dessert was very tasty but the mixed up meat is a definite minus in my book.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank CodeRider

Been to Houlihan's? Share your experiences!