“HIGarland”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Garland
Houston, Texas
“HIGarland”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed at HI Garland North for 2 nts in October 2012. As this was a business trip, I had several conversations with reservation agents before my stay. All were very helpful. The hotel appears fairly new, is very clean, and the staff the most friendly I've encountered on recent trips. Rooms are clean and beds are nice. The hotel offers a quick start breakfast. There are restaurants and shopping nearby. The Cullwell Convention Center is almost directly across the freeway, so this is a great choice if you're attending an event there. It's also much more reasonably priced than the hotel directly adjacent to Cullwell Center. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharon B
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
I am glad to see ,you had a great stay .I am very pleased that staff was warm and catered to your needs in appropriate fashion. We thrive for perfection and its comments like your which make us to work even harder. We would love to have you back at Holiday In garland , “ A great hotel guest Love”.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Spent four nights at the hotel during September 2012.

Friendly and efficient staff, good location close to both our office in Garland and shopping centers. Nice breakfast compared to the hotel opposite on the other side of the Turnpike.

Will be glad to return during next stay in Garland!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest, Thanlk you for your comments , we would love to have you back when visiting Garland on your next Trip.
Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We were awakened at 7am to a pounding noise and vibrating walls. I went to the front desk to ask about the noise and the girl said it was "the church in their banquet hall". As far as the incredibly loud music and my inability to sleep she said "There's nothing I can do about it". Absolutely horrible experience and very unprofessional staff.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank STUNTS4FILM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear STUNTS4FILM,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping noise may have caused you. Please be assured that all feedback is reviewed and acted upon to ensure we constantly improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Mont Belvieu, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed one night here and must say that it is a comfortable, clean hotel with plenty of nearby dining and shopping options. The hotel seems to be fairly new and is conveniently located right off the highway. I will stay here again next time I am up that way.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Emale73
Paul B, Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
I just want to say "Thank You" for the nice response. We are trying harder then ever to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay.
Grinnell, Iowa
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Feb 2012 during a business trip to Garland. It's on par with the rest of the newer Holiday Inns I have stayed in. The room was up to date, clean and fairly comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the place, the receptionists weren't that friendly. There were three of them but only two customers in line but they still made us wait. When we got to the room, it was small and very compact. However, it was pretty clean and new. Anywho, in the morning, when my boyfriend and I came down for breakfast, we came back to the room and it was already clean (which is good i guess). However, when we decided to sleep in a bit more since it was only 8am , we were woken up by the cleaning staffs. First, we thought that the knocking sound was from next door so we didn't even bother to get up. Second, it was only 10am, not time to check out yet. After knocking, they just decided to open the door and walked in on us. I know that they are doing their job, but please do your job after the room is check out. I felt like i have no privacy while staying there. Overall, i'm just gonna give it a 2 stars.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ruby D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Ruby D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 28 June 2012

In short, it's a Holiday Inn. The rooms were ok and the place is newer so no complaint there. However, we were met with a very rude front desk person that had no people skills. As well, we were charged twice for our room and lied to for 3 weeks about a refund. It took no less that fifteen calls to management to get it fixed. My next visit to the area will include a stay at one of the many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank CoolChristopher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Super 8 Garland/Rowlett/East Dallas Area

Been to Holiday Inn Garland? Share your experiences!