“Great experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Garland
Joplin
“Great experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We spent a couple of nights at the Holiday Inn Garland, Texas and were very comfortable. The room was clean and in very good repair. We enjoyed the beds. The staff were quick and efficient as well as friendly. This is a very nice property for a pleasant weekend. We did not try the restaurant or bar this trip but maybe next time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Paul B, Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Guest, Appreciate your kind words. We value your opinion and will assure you to offer same consistency everytime you visit us. Thank you for choosing us once again as your choice of hotel.

Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

A boutique feel with the funky decor in our room. Lime green and orange walls, contemporary print window treatment and bedding. Very clean, excellent front desk, always quick to respond, great location.

We did use the indoor pool and it seemed clean, but there was a little odor.

I am in the hotel business and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Team Member, I am glad you liked the décor and liked the color combination of our walls. We are fairly new property and our entire team works really hard to keep it that way. Once again thank you for kind words and we shall see you soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Cool new hotel, it was super clean & the staff were very friendly. The bar is cool but was pretty dead during my stay. Great beds, good size room, flat screen TV. Location is a lil remote, but firewheel area is close. Movie theater, restaurants, shopping, & water park.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest , I am glad you liked our “Cool new Hotel” and yah there is plenty of recreational options around here .We are just min away from great dinning , mall and water park . Would love to see you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I've stayed here twice and I absolutely love it. When my partner comes in from out of town..we choose to stay here. Its a quite place. I love the service we get and overall experience is always good. Kick back and relax.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glad to hear you get same consistency every time you stay with us . Would love to have you back . Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

My family and I stayed here for a week for a vacation. The hotel looked very nice and the staff was friendly. The room and bathroom was a good size and clean. The restaurant had good food for the price. The location was within minutes of shopping, and the highway. The only problem we had was the fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night due to the cooks burning the breakfast food. Overall, this was a nice hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
We are glad your were able to enjoy your time off with us. Hopeful we will get to serve you again on your next visit .
Nashotah, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I was down in Texas on business and then vacation. My father lives down there and my Sister and myself went to visit him. We got a hotel to just spend some time together and have some fun. When we stumbled upon the Holiday Inn it looked nice and the front desk worker was very nice to us. We got a great deal on a room and it seemed like we would have a great time... I was mistaken.

I paid for the first night and my Dad was putting the 2nd night on his card. I've worked in reservations and front desk, so normally you'd just close out one card for one night and charge the other for the other night. Well they ended up charging my card twice and my Dad's three times (he ended up staying for 3 nights). So here I was on vacation with an extra $114 charged to my card. I went to the front desk to get it fixed and they said it was released but two days later the charge was still there. I called my bank and they said they had it on hold for another two days. When I called the manager at Holiday Inn he wasn't very helpful and tried talking around the situation saying I had to talk to my bank even though I already did that. So I ended up spending a couple hours of my vacation time dealing with Holiday Inn and there lack of caring or sympathy. It was unreal. Well I ended up getting it fixed four days later then went to get gas after returning home and my debit card had locked up because the Holiday Inn had tried to run my card so many times... Seriously?!?

I will NEVER stay at the Holiday Inn again... ANYWHERE. I travel A LOT, for work and play and have never experienced this. It's really about the principal and lack of caring that the workers had. I am loyal to those who make the effort, not to those who think that they can do whatever and put blame elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Taylor C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Garland.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

This property is very well run. I have stayed at 50+ IHG hotels in the last five years and this one ranks close to the top of my favorites. It is extremely clean and the staff is very friendly. I was going to have one nightcap and then retire but the bar tender was so outgoing and friendly I stayed well past my bed time.

I highly recommend this Holiday Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your wonderful comments . I am really honored to hear that you value our hotel so much. We thank you for patronizing us and we would love to have you back .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas

Been to Holiday Inn Garland? Share your experiences!