“All Around Excellence”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Garland
Dallas, Texas
“All Around Excellence”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We ended up here because another hotel had overbooked. Turned a bad day into a great lodging experience. Staff was very helpful and immediately there to help. Room was immaculate and beds/pillows were some of the best I have ever slept on. The large soft towels were super nice and everything else was above standards right down to the special "fold" on the toilet paper. I have paid $400 per night for a similar room elsewhere so $101.52 (2 person occupancy) was a steal.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and it was quiet with a window opening out onto a residential area behind...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest ,I truly Appreciate you comments . We believe in providing quality service to our guest across all spectrum . and its comments such as yours which make us feel that we are succeeding in our mission. Would love to have you back.

Sincerely ,
Paul BIsht

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 26 August 2013

You know what to expect at Holiday Inn, as usual it was clean the staff was pleasant and helpful.
What we didn't expect was no breakfast included. There is a cafe on sight so you can purchase meals. Next the air conditioning was erratic 59 degrees at 10 p.m. 88 degrees at 3 a.m.. We were able to get the air back on and get back to sleep. I did inform the staff and they reacted properly to get it investigated. Bed was not as comfortable as some but certainly not a deal breaker. Next time I would probably opt for the Hyatt across the street where my children were staying.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear wren b,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I recently booked two rooms. First room. Was great, clean, cool, comfortable. The adjoining room that my daughter and grandchildren stayed in had problems. The air conditioner was so loud my daughter had to turn it up in the middle of the night so it would go off and stay off so they could sleep. Also the t.v. did not work. They sent someone up to "fix" it but no luck. Theae things were. Reported at the time as well as at check out. I hve been to many Holiday Inns in the past and never had these problems. Think we should have gotten something off the bill to have a room where children are staying with no tv.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guest , I regret that you were not able to thoroughly enjoy your stay .I would address your issue to our team and will make sure going forward we proactively address the issue. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in near future.

Sincerely ,
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stay for 2 nights at this hotel which is located right on George W. Bush Freeway. Right next door is the following: Chuck-E-Cheese, Olive Garden, and 2 or 3 more restaurants. On the other side of the freeway about a 5 minute drive is new IHOP, Super Target, Super Wal-Mart, CFA, Sonic, Cheddars, Starbucks, Smoothie King, strip shopping center, etc. There is a very nice shopping center within a 5-10 minute drive called FIREWHEEL CENTER (you can google & see the stores). From the Freeway you are within a 10-15 minute drive of Plano, 20 minutes to Frisco/Allen. It's very convenient & the hotel is nice & clean. My only 2 complaints are the following: the hotel snack shop was very poorly stocked. They had a list of drinks/snacks available & the 2 days & 3rd day leaving we were present, it was never re-stocked. It probably had 1/2 of what the list said they were suppose to have. I have stayed at lesser quality hotels with much better options. Also, if you go the Wal-Mart & Target & Starbucks on the other side of the freeway, it's a little inconvenient to get back to the hotel. Otherwise, very convenient & nice hotel. You also had to pay for breakfast so we didn't choose to eat there (not big breakfast eaters) & just went to Starbucks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your feed positive feed back and suggestions you have made .We would love to have you back and will be mindful of stocking our sundries shop in near future .

Paul Bisht
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel! It is fairly new and everyone is very nice. There is a bar/restaurant on the first floor. The pool was odd looking, meaning it was a weird sea green and it was kind of cloudy. The rooms were really nice. There is a continental breakfast, but it is not free. I don't know if this is normal since I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn before, but I was not happy about there being a charge. So, all-in-all it's a great hotel. But at the price per room and there being no free continental breakfast, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: some of the rooms are joined so if you have a group or several children, this can be beneficial.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest , I appreciate your candid comment and the tip you left for our potential guest. While the pool Ph level was absolutely fine, we surely did have little problem with chemical feeder, which led to cloudiness in the pool. Which has now been fixed. I would suggest another important tip if you were to travel in near future to take our Best for Breakfast rate which allow to have hot Breakfast for half the price.

Thank you once again and would love to see you back.

Paul Bisht
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I travel often for work and recently stayed here. Hotel is nice, but the service was terrible! I would not stay here again. Also, the power went out for a long time and no one was able to assist. Nice hotel, poor management. I would keep moving on to the next hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear guest, my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. We thrive for perfection and would like to hear back from you. I invite you to contact me with reference to what went wrong with your stay and seek any opportunity rectify any issue in near future.

Pertaining to power outage, it was unprecedented event even to us. We however learned that there was area wise power outage for 45 min. Upon learning of the issue, Front desk was immediately advised to make every guest aware of the same.We however were not able to contact the guest directly in the rooms as our phone system were down as well.
Once again my sincere apologies if we failed to deliver and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in near future.
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Our electricity out and with one family member under the weather and one restless child, we decided to seek out a hotel room. I called ahead and the front desk clerk was very nice. We packed up and went to the hotel. Check in was a breeze. Our room was great - it was clean and quiet. The whole hotel was very clean and all the staff were very nice. Breakfast was great as well. I would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear guest I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you had, and I am glad we could offer you a great stay to offset that. We are thankful for your word of appreciation and would love to see you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garland
Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland/Richardson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Garland E - Lake Hubbard I30
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garland Harbor Point
Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Super 8 Garland/Rowlett/East Dallas Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East

Been to Holiday Inn Garland? Share your experiences!