Holiday Inn Garland
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$101
US$72
US$110
US$96
HIExpress.com
All reviewsindoor poolbreakfast buffetfront desk staffnice hotelnice holidaybusiness travelvery comfortable stayrooms are cleanconvenient locationdallas areabed was comfortableinnspillowscompetitiondryersinktx
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not being a fan of Holiday Inns, because they are mostly too dimly lit and apply an abundance of cheap room deoderizer, had to stay here a couple of nights for business travel. As soon a room freed up at the Hyatt Place, on the opposite side of the GBTurnpike, I moved there and have not regretted it. For the same price, if you plan far enough in advance, at the Hyatt Place, you get a room that smells more like home (fresh) and breakfast is included.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest , I want to thank your for your feed back . I do understand your have choices and its ultimately the likes and dislikes which drive our decisions. We here at Holiday Inn Garland , believe in offering an unparalleled guest experience which begins from the time you enter our inviting bright lobby, to the smiling agent who are attentive and carefully listen to your requests and assign you room which follows to our well appointed spacious rooms designed with guest comfort in mind and then to our restaurant and bar where our Executive chef cooks home style food. and then to our express check out for our busy business and leisure travelers. In the entire process one thing which comes in abundance is smiles for our compassionate and caring staff.

I thank you once again for choosing Holiday Inn Garland and would love to have you back.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Checked in and No welcome greeting by disorganized front desk clerk 'Bill F.' who made it seem like I was putting him out and also claims to be the hotel manager and who looked like he had not idea what he was doing, very long wait for check in. Finally got inside room, using bathroom and someone else enters my room. I exit room to see and someone was assigned the same room. I exit room and my keycard no longer works for the room.

I go down stairs and ask to speak with the manager. The front desk clerk says 'This is all you got'. So I explain to him what I went through and he unapologetically says 'This happens all the time, there is really no way to prevent it, happens in all hotels.' (although I just saw him enter the room numbers on the card manually so know is his fault) and has a very hard time trying to get my keycards to work again.

I then had to come downstairs again with a problem with my air conditioner and stood in line again and he just saw me but when it was my turn, he answered phone calls and did other tasks before helping me (he ignored the phone calls to help other customers).

If he is management. I am disgusted and if did not need a place to stay with early morning rise, would leave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve L
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest , We believe in taking ownership whether for, positive or negative feedback . We make sincere attempt to derive guest sentiment from the feedback's and take it as opportunity to either celebrate when good reviews or make changes to our practices when negative .I am glad you took time out to meet in person and I sincerely hope I was able to resolve your concern to your satisfaction. As I stressed to you in person that this was an isolated incident I would like to reiterate that I have taken needful actions to make sure we have a seamless check in experience for our guest and security shall never be a concern . With that said I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The stuff was helpful and fluent in English. Amazing breakfast. It was a bit expensive though, and the beds extremely small. Actually, I think that was the narrowest bed I have ever slept in. All in all, it is a good choice in a convenient location, if a bit expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest , Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Garland. While our king and queens beds are per the norms of industry standard. I would assume it might have appeared smaller to you because of the appearance and design of the room . Once again thank you so much for choosing us when in town . Would love to have you back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked a room with two queen beds using Priceline.com for a girls' night with two of my best friends. I got a great rate and prepaid for the room. When I got to the hotel, I stood at the reservation desk alone for about two minutes before either one of the clerks (a young woman and an older man) noticed me. Once the older man offered to help me, I told him I was checking in and gave him my last name. He began tapping several keys on the computer but said nothing -- in fact, he wouldn't even look at me. Finally he mumbled that they didn't have any more two-queen rooms, and that they were overbooked and every room was full. I started to say, "How is that my problem?" but he said that they could put me in a junior king suite, with a king bed and pull-out couch. This was not ideal, but I told him I would take it as long as they weren't going to charge me any additional money. I was thoroughly ticked off, though, because my thinking is that since I prepaid for a two-queen, a two-queen should have been saved for me because IT'S ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR. Anyway, he gets me the room keys and tells me my room number (all of this time he is mumbling and barely looking at me) and I go out to get my luggage. Meanwhile, one of my friends shows up and we grab a cart and load it with our stuff. As we're wheeling it back into the lobby, the same man looks up and says, "Ma'am, have you been up to that room yet?" I say no, and he says, "Well, it's already occupied. And we don't have more rooms." I abandon the cart, walk up to the desk and say, "Are you KIDDING ME?!" He says something about going to a different Holiday Inn and then I was livid and said, "Absolutely not. That's won't work at all," because the one he mentioned was at least 30 minutes away! He can obviously tell I'm about to lose it, so he "magically" locates another junior king suite and starts to get me the keys for that room, and I say, "You're going to have to work hard to get me back. I am very unhappy with you right now." So he pulls out a little card and comps our breakfast buffet for the next morning. Whatever. I just wanted to not look at this guy anymore, so I take the room keys and me and my friends (the third of which has now shown up) go up to the room, which we are grateful to find is unoccupied.

I wouldn't have been so angry at the front desk clerk if he had been a bit more conciliatory and apologetic. He acted as though he just couldn't wait for me to walk away. I was not using foul language or yelling; my voice was raised a little, just like anyone when they are angry. But he did not give me proper customer service, which would have been to offer a sincere apology and at least look at me and smile.

The next morning at breakfast, we arrived with a good 30-40 minutes to spare and yet many of the dishes on the hot bar were depleted. The server helping our table (bringing coffee, taking dirty plates) was overwhelmed, helping a roomful of people all by herself. We asked her for salt and pepper and she never brought it, and once we showed her the card that said our breakfasts were comped, she disappeared and we had to flag her down if we needed something.

The walls in our room were a bright, baby poop green that is not a relaxing color at all. And the refrigerator in our room barely kept anything cold.

The pool was nicely heated and the hot tub was relaxing. Those were about the only two really good things about this hotel. I will not stay there again, nor will I stay in any Holiday Inn if this is the kind of customer service they offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KatsMeow422
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest , Thank you for choosing holiday inn garland as your choice of hotel. We take lot of pride in the great front desk team we have however if and when we here constructive feed back from guest we do not shy from excepting our mistake and make necessary changes. So please accept my sincerest apology for you less than satisfactory stay. I will look into the matter and take needful action against the front desk agent. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you .

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I love Holiday Inn beds and we've stayed here before so we chose this one again. There was a basketball tournament in town so we did not get the queen beds we requested but were given a king. We checked in late (almost midnight) so were hoping to sleep in the next morning but no such luck. The noise started at 7:45 am and didn't stop until 11:00 am. It sounded like housekeeping noise but was very loud and constant during that time. We did leave the room late and expected to miss housekeeping but they did come clean our room (which was a nice surprise). The second morning was better. We did ask for a late check out due to the time change and little sleep the night before. Housekeeping told me that if we left the room later than 1 hour after check out that we would be charged 1/2 room rate. No problem, we were out in time. The room was clean and everything was in working order. We did not eat breakfast although I was told it was free. The parking lot was dark and extremely full. Probably will not stay here again due to the early morning noise and the dark parking lot. If that doesn't bother you, it's a great place to stay from a comfort prospective. Close to several restaurants (within walking distance) and very easy to find.

Room Tip: Right off freeway so less noise if you get a room on the north side of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest , Thank you for choosing holiday inn garland as your choice of hotel. We take all guests comments very seriously and make effort to rectify any guest issue. Even though our parking lots are well lit , I will put your concern with great stress to the management . I hope and wish you will give us another opportunity to serve you in near future,