“Good food, Good value”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a nice dinner with family (8 of us). The wait staff was very nice and the kids liked doing the "Hokey Pokey". The food was hot and plentiful.

Like the title says, good food and good value.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Its Babe's, fried chicken, great vegetables and wonderful biscuits. We eat here (of in Carrolton) whenever we visit Dallas area. The food has always been good and the wait staff some of the best in the business. efficient, friendly and fast. . I have only eaten the chicken, so can't speak to other menu items, but will try one on the next visit. Worth a visit or two. they always give extra chicken so leftovers are in order.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

If my Mom were alive and cooked food like I got today at Babe's, I would disown her. I've given Babe's a 5 star rating before. What happened??

Way, way to much salt in nearly everything. They had burnt, over-cooked and very greasy green beans. The corn had corn-silk still in it. The gravy was too salty for me to eat. The potatoes did not taste or have the consistency of home-made. I did not try the black eyed peas.

The service was slower and less attentive than times past. Please give us more than one napkin. I like something to put my silverware on as well as wipe my face. Even a small paper coaster would work for me.

Please repair or replace the table where I sat. It had a 1 by 2 inch hole in it right by your right elbow. I expected better for $15 plus a $3 tip.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Don't see what all the fuss is about: lines out the door, crowded parking lot. I like the family style and all you can eat sides, but it is not the best fried chicken ever.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Babe's food can not be beaten. It is just like Granny used to cook. We have been eating at Babe's for 19 years...since it opened. We have never had a bad meal. The only negative is the noise level is loud! Great place to eat.