“Very Good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We do not go to Babe's real often, but really enjoy it when we do. We have had the fried chicken, chicken strips, and chicken fried steak. My favorite are the chicken strips.

The food is served family style, with all you can eat mashed potatoes, corn, greens, and salad that has a sweet dressing. The biscuits are delicious, especially with syrup or honey.

There are newer reviews for Babe's Chicken Dinner House

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had the opportunity to visit Babe's with friends last week. Loved the family style concept. Our server, Allison, was very helpful explaining how the service worked and was very attentive. The place is a little loud....no surprise there.....and the fried chicken was EXCELLENT....as we're the sides. I can see why it is one of our friend's favorite place to take visitors to the area. I would go back in a heartbeat. P.S. my wife and I split a dinner which was still more than we could finish.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We love this place! I believe that this particular location of Babe's is unique in that they have ribs on the menu (along with chicken fried steak, fried chicken, smoked chicken, etc.). My husband gets the ribs every time. My son and I love the chicken tenders - delicious. The salad is simple and so good - the dressing is addictive. Corn and green beans alone keep us coming back! Only complaint is that the food is so good that we always eating way too fast! Never have room for dessert :). Atmosphere is fun and family friendly for sure....when the "disco" ceiling lights come on the staff dances the "Hokey Pokey" with any customers young and old who wish to join in the fun! Great place - usually a wait, buts moves quickly.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I live about 3 blocks from Babe's. I ate there a few years ago and was not impressed, but decided to give it another try since it always so crowded. Went back a second time, and now I'm convinced that if you give people all they can eat, they will flock to it in droves.

The chicken is not terrible, but it's not anything special either. I'd rather have a roasted chicken from Kroger, but I can eat the Babe's chicken. It's sure not like grandma used to make though.

The sides are pathetic in my opinion, and we ate almost none of them. Service was ok, but nothing special. Décor is kind of old, small town diner, with the silverware that bends when you put it in your mashed potatoes. Really cheap all around.

We will not go again, but I continue to be amazed at the crowds there. I still think it just draws people who want lots of food for a pretty cheap price.

1  Thank placebets
Reviewed 11 July 2014

In Garland , Texas and famous for their fried chicken. Food is delicious and beyond plentiful. I got a take out order and had enough for 3 meals. Staff was super friendly. While I didn't stay the atmosphere looked like a lot of fun. Crowded so the locals know a great spot when looking for a meal. Not sure of their hours but if they are open be sure to visit. Fire truck parked outside adds an interesting touch.