“Fair Italian food”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Garland, Texas, United States
“Fair Italian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Only familiar with the Vetoni's which was originally tucked back into the Club Hill Shopping Center for "year's".
Could not understand why they never moved to a more visual location? After all... from own experience... business is location, location, location.
Location was very bad for business so makes one wonder?
Main thing which irritated me was every time I requested extra sauce (liquid clam brine) on my linguini with white clam sauce I often had to send it back or just do with what was served.
For years favorite Italian restaurant was "Two Guys From Italy" far far away... where white clam sauce was made from scratch; but sometimes you did have to tolerate a bit of grit.

Visited September 2012

Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is a great spot in downtown just about a block form the square. I must say though when I returned home I am a little confused. The location we went to was definitely on main street in the 600 block, however the above address shows Broadway. I know nothing about the Broadway location. The pizza is very good and the service is good. They have several luncheon specials during the week days. Parking is on the street.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank texaswillie
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Vetoni's on Main St Garland Tx”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Vetoni's has new owners and I just got back from a fun night with Tamil friend awesome food and an awesome jazz gig by Bet n Man... for anyone that has had a bad experience before give Vetoni's and the new owners another try. I will be returning and recommending to all my friends!

• Visited May 2012
Garland, TX
“Great spot!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great garlic rolls, great food, owner and his family are so nice!!! Great local spot!

• Visited June 2011
Rowlett, Texas
“Good Food, But you may be Lonely”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

We had purchased a gift certificate on Restaurant.com because we had never been to this restaurant and it was located in quaint section of downtown Garland. We went the evening before Thanksgiving thinking that we would be joining a lot of other people that did not want to cook before preparing a large meal the next day. When we arrived there was only one other table, and they were finishing up. We sat down and asked to see the wine list. We were then informed that management had changed and they were now a BYOB. That would have been fine with us, if we would have known before. Our waitress directed us to the Shell gas station a few blocks away, stating that they had nice selection of "fine wines". I opted for the Kroger a mile away, while my family settled in at the table. I returned with the wine and barely had sat down before the waitress asked if were ready to order. I explained I had not even had time to look at the menu. My family had eyed an appetizer and ordered for the table. Within five minutes she returned and asked if were ready to order. I ordered last so I could look at the menu. Off she went and returned within minutes bringing our salads. Usually, your appetizer would arrive first, but oh well. In a few minutes our appetizer arrived. It was a shrimp fondue of sort, but very tasty. My wife thought a little on the salty side. Two bites into our appetizer and our entrees arrived. We now had half of our salads left, two bites into the appetizer and our entree. This may be how they choose to serve a customer, but it is not what I am accustomed to. All of the entrees were very good. However, when you have waitstaff that really does not have a clue on how to manage the table, it kind of ruins the good aspects of the food. As we were leaving, another table was arriving. In all, 3 tables for the entire evening. We have driven by since and there is never more than 1 table occupied. It is really sad, because the food was good and the pricing reasonable. I do not think that they can last much longer without more customers. Management needs to retrain themselves and the wait staff.

• Visited November 2011