“Very Happy”

Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Garland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The woman at the front desk allowed us to check-in early and was extremely polite and friendly. The bed (we stayed in a non-smoking, pet-friendly king room) was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. There was a storm while we were there and we couldn't hear it at all unless we opened the door. Clean, well-priced, and convientely located, We would def stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon F
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Garland - East Dallas

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Everything about our stay was very nice. This hotel is a little older and does have outside entrance to each room, but it was very quiet, clean and cozy. The staff was very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was very good.

1  Thank Ann M B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great place to stay - VERY easy to find. Nice area to take a walk, pets allowed and we did not hear one at all. Everyone is very friendly and personable. Would stay here again - great value for the cost.

1  Thank susanh_11
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel needed upgrading. Poor area with apartments right behind this hotel. Breakfast not much - the usual waffles/fruit etc. For the price I guess it was ok. Pool needed cleaning. Nice restaurants across the road.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Princess1960
Reviewed 20 April 2014

When I first booked the room over a month ago, I explicitly explained that we had a dog that is a diabetic and has to go out to pee a lot and is also blind. I requested a room on the bottom floor and whoever booked my reservation (a female during the day shift) said she would put that in the notes. I even called to confirm we still had a reservation 3 days before we arrived and reminded them we had a dog. I did not say anything about a room on the bottom floor but was assured that we would be placed on the back side where the apartments are. That was fine. When we arrived, the desk clerk was a lady in her late 40's to 50's with long dark hair. She explained where our room was and I said, "It's not on the bottom floor?" She told us it was on the second floor. I explained what issues we had with our dog and she still said it was on the second floor then proceeded to explain where the pet area was. I tried to tell her that our dog has to go out very frequently and in the middle of the night and that as soon as his feet hit the grass he would pee. She said we could pick him up and carry him to the pet area (we were in room 228 which is the last room on the top floor and around the corner from the stairs). Our dog weighs 42lbs. Carrying him up and down the stairs is not an option for us. I have a disability with blood pressure. She was businessly friendly, but not at all helpful or sympathetic. We really did love the size of the room and the location, but would've been much more satisfied if it had been on any bottom floor. There were other people with dogs on the bottom floor and I dare say they did not meet the special needs that we did. I understand that rooms get filled up and people are placed wherever they can be placed, but I made the reservations over a month ago and specifically stated what I needed. If we ever come back to Rockwall, and we would love to, we would enjoy coming back to this hotel due to the convenience, the price, and we really liked it, but it would be hard to trust that our needs would be met like we had asked. Also, we were up late and were tired and there was no "Do Not Disturb" sign to hang outside the door and we were awaked every morning by 9:40 by housekeeping wanting to clean the room. We didn't ask for that, but were happy it was done after we came back later that day. It would really be nice if they had notes saying who was leaving and who was staying so they didn't wake them up early wanting to clean. There was no need for that when we really needed to sleep.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's not fancy, but it's nice and comfortable and I felt safe. The breakfast could be a little better. The staff is friendly and relaxed. Bass Pro Shop is across the street and the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cspk63
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Rooms clean but there were some ants. Noisy highway made it hard for me to sleep. I only had one night there, but would not have stayed longer. Close to lake for fishing, which is good for sportsmen. Glad I was able to drive there in daylight, as directions for motel confusing because of the roads and signs. I know breakfast was available but I had an early flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family