Holiday Inn Express and Suites George West
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in George West
“Awesome”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I just want to thank the staff for everything they do for my company I would recommend everyone to stay there. They are very nice always greet you with a smile Anita, Winter, Kim, Ashley thank y'all so much

• Stayed October 2013
Valley H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites George West, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We thank you for your comments. It is our goal to provide superior service and accommodations to our customers. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when guest recognize our staff's efforts and take the time to say thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Although high oilfield traffic at this new hotel has dampened it a bit, it's still the best place to stay in George West. Blows the Best Western down the street out of the water. Great staff, friendly people, good breakfast area, decent pool & updated rooms. They cut corners a bit in the bathrooms, but still functional. A bit pricey, but no other choice in that town. Stayed there 2 nights & there was maybe 20 other guests in the whole place. They provide free beer while it lasts on some Fridays & Saturdays by the pool, nice incentive. Overall great stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the south side of the hotel. You can watch your vehicle and watch the State Troopers...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rocco2498
Valley H, Owner at Holiday Inn Express and Suites George West, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words Rocco2498 . It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accomendations for you. We appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here for one night after a meeting was held in one of the hotel's meeting rooms. The hotel is nice and clean with everything one requires while on a field visit.
The breakfast was very basic, and not overly to my taste, but others in my group were very pleased with it.
Unfortunately the elevators were out of order while i stayed there, which was the only downside.
Front desk staff were courteous and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites George West, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Edgie66,

Thank you for your candid review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are glad to read you found our staff courteous and efficient. We apologize that the elevators were out of order during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Beautiful brand new hotel. Great staff and very clean rooms. Breakfast was ready and early to go breakfast bags were provided for oilfield workers leaving earlier in the morning. Happy hour was great! You get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Valley H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites George West, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your kind words. your comments are very important to us. It is our goal to consistenetly provide superior service to all our guest. we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Right away I knew this wouldn't be a great stay upon making contact with the girl at the front desk. Evidently she had trouble finding my reservation as it took forever to finally get my key. No acknowledgment of my Platinum status (no big deal), and on top of that you could really tell she hated being there. I noticed dirty towels around the pool and gym area, and the hallways were hot and muggy. The room was not terrible, but not as clean and tidy as it should have been. The TV channels on the list didn't match up on the TV, and the TV was low quality. I noticed stains on the bed sheets, and they appeared to be in need of bleach. Has I only paid $80 per night I probably wouldn't be surprised. But if your going to charge more then double that, you have to bring some value to the table. I will not be staying here agian.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites George West, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Michael B,

Thank your for being a Platinum member and thank your for your review of our property.

Our staff pay special attention to our Platinum members and I deeply regret that we were not able to provide you the typical high level of service that you deserve. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our level of cleanliness has caused you and and for the troubles you had during check in.

Thank you for your business and your patronage to our brand and hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back as one of our Platinum members and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Working in Three Rivers, I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in George West, Texas. The hotel presents as brand new from the time you walk in the lobby through to the rooms. The hotel staff was accommodating to provide me a room after my usually accommodations fell through due to an electrical issue. The room I received overlooked HWY 281 but there was not too much noise from the traffic going by during the night. The AC was icy cold, the flat screen was HD, the bathrooms were large and nicely appointed, and the king bed was easy on the body. The towels were still fluffy and non-typical of most HIE that I have stayed at in the past. The next morning there was free cooked breakfast, sweet rolls, and cereals available. This hotel is not typical for the hotels I have stayed at in this area. The only negative is the price of the room which was quite a bit higher than the competition but my room here was significantly better than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Nebraska
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed at this property after visiting Texas to see our parents in the Rio Grande Valley. We had an early morning flight from San Antonio, so we wanted to stay half-way to San Antonio. This was a great location. The rooms are very nice. The breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 5 in Three Rivers
Rodeway Inn Three Rivers
Rodeway Inn Three Rivers
#2 of 5 in Three Rivers

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites George West? Share your experiences!