“Hard to find but a good stay”

Candlewood Suites Georgetown
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 17 March 2013

It was hard to find from the access road. The sign is on the side street (It is in the same parking lot as the Holiday Inn Express). The outside does not look impressive, very simple and plain. But inside the room is great. A suite with separate bedroom. Also has a kitchen.
This worked well for business, but would also be good when traveling with the kids.
I guess they allow big dogs because I heard them next door. Made me a little nervous as the ajoining door was unlocked when I checked in. Part of my walkthru is checking joining doors, windows, and the mattress, so not a big deal.
The dogs made noise for a minute, rubbing against the ajoining door, then nothing for the rest of the night. I also heard some noise in the hall, but again none in the late evening.
Did not hear any road noise from the freeway either. Overall good night.
Room was clean, large and nice. Almost too big for one person for a night.
Fist stay at a Candlewood, but it is now in my list of hotels.

Room Tip: Turn in at the Holiday Inn. Get a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bstrvl55711
GTGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write a review. We are happy to see you enjoyed our one bedroom suite. It is the biggest of our rooms and is very spacious especially when you are traveling with children. We will make sure the message about the cleanliness of the room gets back to our housekeepers and what great job they are doing. We just want to thank you again for choosing to stay with Candlewood Suites Georgetown and officially making your list. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Georgetown

Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites property. Ironically, I live 5 miles away from this hotel and watched it's construction last year. As a special treat for my 7 year old who loves to stay in a hotel, I booked this hotel online through a discount site. We chose this hotel because it was close to home so we could still care for the dog at home. I considered bringing the dog but with a $150 pet deposit, refunded up to 5 business days later, we decided to leave her at home.

Our room was very clean and functional.. Here's what we liked:
-convenient table for doing homework
-in room DVD player and DVD's at the front desk
-television viewable from beds, recliner, and table
-in room refridgerator with ice maker
-very quiet walls and halls
-convenient in house snack store

The only downside to the trip was when we checked into the hotel Once the staff member realized we booked at a discount website, she wasn't as courteous and requested that we book direct next time offering the same discount. We'll see.

Room Tip: Before you buy your room online from a discounter, try calling the hotel directly to see if they can...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank w0rktraveler2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Candlewood Suites Georgetown. I am pleased you had an overall enjoyable experience at our hotel and you were able to have that experience with your son. We take customer service seriously and you should not be treated any different regardless where you booked your room and if you felt that way, I apologize. Guests have the freedom to book their rooms in differet ways and we want all guests to feel welcome. I thank you for choosingto stay with us at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, and if you are ever passing by please stop by and say hi.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

We booked the Candlewood suites for four nights whilst remodeling and wanted a dog friendly motel. This is really a nice place for a home-away-from-home. The kitchen area was adequate and had a full size fridge. Although Close to IH 35, there was no noise and is well maintained. Staff were excellent and friendly. We would definitely recommend staying here. Larry & Kelly

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartments are nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoseAlee
GTGeneralManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Thank you for you wonderful words of encouragement. It's always a pleasure to hear we are on the right track, and making stays as comfortable as possible! Please come see us again.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Very nice room for one night. Very clean, very quiet, very convenient. I can't think of a thing to complain about. This was a quick in and out stay. Location is excellent with everything you would want nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
GTGeneralManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites, Georgetown Texas. We sincerely hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My car was hit overnight by another vehicle while I was in their parking lot during a stay. I asked if they could review the security camera footage to see if they could tell which vehicle hit it. After not returning phone calls for FIVE DAYS they finally called and told me "the cameras were down for a few days including during the time this happened". Trent at the front desk was very nice and tried to help; unfortunately the GM of this hotel, Shamika McClain, does not seem to care at all. She is better at making up excuses than she is at providing any actual answers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Brad B,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It's disappointing to hear about your experience at our hotel. I would like to address your concerns in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I spent a couple of nights here on business. I appreciate that their rooms are quiet, nice looking and made for people who travel a lot. I enjoyed the privacy and the convenience. Trent at the front desk is a nice young man (ex military), very professional and courteous. I also met their Marketing Mgr, Beatrice. She was also very professional and friendly. They both made me feel welcome, this is a rare thing these days. good job, Candlewood. I will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AGS2012
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed here for a wedding with my family. The hotel is very nice. The beds were comfortable, roomy kitchen area and a nice tv. The bathroom is a step above what you might expect in a limited service hotel. My favorite at the front desk is Trent, who is always very professional and friendly. I also like Beatrice, their sales lady. She seems to know everyone and all the best places to go, do and see. Keep up the good work! thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Anything on the 2nd or 3rd floor, crickets are still a problem in the area. Hotel is always very qui...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown
#5 of 10 in Georgetown
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#3 of 26 in Round Rock

Been to Candlewood Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!