“Loved it”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
St. Louis
“Loved it”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Five of us were traveling on business and we loved the Candlewood Suites in Georgetown. We loved the comfortable lobby where we could relax and watch the news while we gathered in the mornings. We were crazy about the snack/toiletries/soda room where you could shop for things you wanted/needed at any time of the day. Being dog lovers, we loved watching guests come and go with their well-behaved dogs. And the staff was so incredibly nice. Every encounter with them was easy and friendly. I would like to stay there again.

Location: Your GPS may tell you to go north past the hotel and exit way beyond where any reasonable person would, and then to double back. There's a much much easier way. Your GPS may tell you to take the exit right by the hotel and then drive "the back way" through the neighborhood and into the parking lot -- do it. It's much much easier.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank I_Notice_Everything
GTGeneralManager, Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you so much for your very positive and encourging review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will share your review with our team. We are always left with a warm feeling after a nice review, it tells us we are on the right track. I'm sure the team will be just as delighted with your encouragement as I am! We hope to you see you very soon. Take care! Thank you again for your stay with Candlewood Suites Georgetown.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I just wanted to share my experience. I found the hotel staff to be very helpful and caring. I was surprised at the great room and cleanliness for the price I paid. Higher charging hotels do not always deliver "better" for more money. I was in town for a funeral, the manager gave my family a heavy discount for several rooms and was very sympathetic to what my family was going through, she and another staff member appeared to tear up when I told her I just lost my husband. She immediately hugged me. I was shocked, and I cannot express my gratitude enough. Hopefully our next stay will be during better circumstances. I just wanted to say thank you to you and your kind staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank DavyBriner
Rachel G, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
First, I would like to thank you for the pleasant review. I am sorry for the circumstances that brought you to our hotel and our condolences go out to you and your family. I am glad to see we could make your stay a pleasant one and I will definitely pass this on to the staff and management. We look forward to hosting you again in the future and we wish you the best.
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife and I arrived because I had a business appointment. The property was well kept and the staff was congenial and helpful. Two of the three washing machines were broken; one of the two computers in the business center was out of service and the wifi was spotty. The location was outside of town and accessible by car but there was no attached restaurant or café. Georgetown is a very nice town and has several good restaurants and shopping centers. The center of town as advertised is very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Edward S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is very pleasing to know that you found the staff friendly. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over some of our facilities. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Georgetown.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Reserved 5 nights through booking.com, and reservation allowed cancellation with no penalty. Plans changed, so I cancelled two months before the check-in date, with confirmation from booking.com. What a delightful surprise when, two months later, Candlewood Suites deducts over $525, the total from my original reservation. I called the hotel and someone named Stephanie tells me without knowing my name or situation that it is a non refundable deposit and that there is nothing I can do about it. Of course there is no GM present (running theme here, apparently). Called a number of times over next few days, never with a GM available. Apparently at one point the GM was there but could not take a call, due to a major clean up underway resulting from "a tragedy" that had just occurred on the property. Crikey... anyway, booking.com verified this was a reservation that could be cancelled without penalty and called hotel on my behalf. Apparently, management would communicate with booking. I have gotten word from booking (not Candlewood, mind you) that they agreed to a refund, sometime within the next FOUR weeks. Shame on them... I have stayed at Candlewood at this and other locations in the past. They got me... But never again.

1 Thank Karin C
Rachel G, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Karin,

I would first like to apologize for your inconvenience. I spoke with the GM at length about your situation and I am truly sorry. The employee unfortunetly gave you wrong information regarding the cancellation policy and did not follow our policy and procedure regarding disputed charges. The GM did not hear about the charges until she spoke with Booking.com and reversed the charges the same day. It can take 1 to 10 business days for those charges to credit your card. The contact information under the reservation is for booking.com and they cannot release your information . Again your contact information was not passed to the GM, so we could not reach you. The issue with the employee was handled internally and can assure you and other guests this is not our standard of practice. We would love to speak with you and hope to earn your trust. Please email me at candlewoodgtdos@yahoo.com with your information. Again we are terribly sorry for your experience and hope you will allow us to be your hotel of choice in the area.
Cresson, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Recently my family and I stayed in this hotel.We needed a place for our pet. Jacky Jaynes helped us by extending an attitude of extreme helpfulness and kindness. She actually walked to the back of the parking lot with a rolling cart for me to use to transport items, grandkids, and a dog. I was very warmed with her friendly helpful actions.
Our room was very pleasant and it is an excellent place to stay . We will stay there again and hope Jacky is working when we arrive. I figure all the staff is nice but we were blessed to be taken care of by her.
Beth C

Beth,

Thank you for the kind review. I shared your review with Jacky and she remembered you well and was glad to be able to help. It sounds like you had your hands full and I am pleased we able to accommodate you. We take customer service seriously and try to make everyone of our guests feel at home and I am pleased that came across. We look forward to visiting with you again and we will try to make sure Jacky is working when you check in!
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed in this hotel on June 1. When I reserved the room online, I noticed that they only had (1) double bed suite left, but it was a smoking room. I called the hotel and spoke with Shelby. She was very nice. I asked if they had an air purifier. She said that she would contact the hotel next door to see if she could borrow theirs. When I checked in, she told me that they used the purifier AND housekeeping sprayed some type of spray in the room. To our surprise, the room did NOT smell like smoke at all. I was very impressed and happy. This hotel does not serve breakfast, but that was not an issue. The laundry is FREE....which is another plus since both of my boys played in a tournament & I definitely had to wash their uniforms. The only issue that I had was that once the room reaches a certain temperature, the air conditioner would cut off. Other than that, I do not have any complaints. If we ever play in the Georgetown area again, we will definitely make this our #1 choice.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Basketballmom2k13
Thank you for the kind words. I am happy we were able to satisfy your expectations with the smoking room. Shelby and all our front desk staff try to make your experience enjoyable while you visit the area. I hope your tournament went well and I will pass this review on to the whole staff. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

staff cleaned room early allowing us to check in early, while waiting on room to be cleaned Ethan at front desk let us know that a room with 2 beds had become available. Which I oringinaly wanted, but was unavailable at time I made reservation. Clean comfortable rooms. I wish they served braskfast, but, because they are extended stay I guess that is why they don't. There is small cooktop and a full size refrigerator and a microwave. Rooms were quiet and did not hear neighbors or highway noise.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia B
GTGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to see we were able to accommodate the room type you originally wanted and was able to check you in early. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I will make sure Ethan and the rest of the staff get the message of a job well done and I appreciate you choosing to stay with Candlewood Suites Georgetown. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Best Western Plus Georgetown Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
Sheraton Georgetown Texas Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 10 in Georgetown
SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock

Been to Candlewood Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!