“Not worth the expense”

Candlewood Suites Georgetown
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
“Not worth the expense”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We arrived at Candlewood Suites and anticipated a suitable hotel (having stayed at other locations). Immediately after walking in the entry, a section of the outside entry came crashing down...right where we'd momentarily stood.

The rooms were clean, but their was a security light glaring directly into our room-making sleep impossible. Spent $134 for the worst hotel experience ever. Corporate office was nice about it, but didn't refund our money. I'll NEVER recommend that chain again!

• Stayed May 2014
GTGeneralManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Ms. Pearce,

Please accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent stay. We take the feedback of our guests seriously.

I inspected your room upon check out. I did note that the blackout drapes were operational they provide sufficient black out of all light. I am unclear as to whether or not you used them?

We did have a malfunction on our canopy due to recent storms. We are very fortunate that no one was hurt! We are working to get this fixed immediately.
If you're able, please contact me directly so we can further discuss your stay and perhaps win you back by proving we are 100% committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible. Take care.

512-591-7888 ext 509

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I purchased a hotel night as a gift for family for Christmas. A night away from kids is always nice, I went to the hotel to make the actual reservation for them. Jimelia ( I hope I'm spelling that right) greeted me at the front desk. She was AMAZING!! So very helpful! What I was looking for was not available, and she more than accommodated, not just by helping with the room but also with her kind, funny self. Thank you again Jimelia!

*family LOVED the room- It was very clean, beds were comfortable and the overall feel of the room was very nice. They will stay again, and its a hotel I will recommend to other family and friends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank baejrose
GTGeneralManager, Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your review. Feedback is very important to us. I'm happy to hear the stay was a pleasant one. I will share this posting with the team member you mentioned. It was our pleasure having you and please come back soon! Happy New Year!

Wewahitchka, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Nice clean big rooms,, noisy beds, LOL,, free parking,, no breakfast. big frig, stove sink, coffee pot,,, really nice always stay hear on business,, no restaurants in walking distance but plenty within couple of miles

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. Im pleased to see you are a return family member posting great feedback. Our home is your home! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

General manager
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just want you to know that I hate, absolutely hate staying at hotels. I avoid them at all costs, but since I recently left my husband because he cheated on me with his less than wholesome intern at the hospital, I had no choice. I am not the type of women that needs a man so bad that I will forgive a cheater. I had to get out as soon as I knew and there was no turning back. I immediately sought starting looking online for a hotel to stay since I do not have family in the area. I figured I would stay somewhere close to work until I found an apartment. I chose to stay at Candlewood for the value. To my surprise, I enjoyed every minute of this stay other than the constant reminder that I was alone and leaving my husband. When I entered I was greeted by Ms. Shelby who genuinely smiled at me. She told me that if I needed anything to just call her. For some reason I broke down and give her my story. Not the full story but that I was hurting. I know she didn't care, but she listened like I was her best friend. I headed up to my room. It wasn't fancy but it was very clean and tidy. It smelled clean as well. I did the check where I put on my white socks and walk across the carpet to see how nasty it would be and to my surprise my socks were still white! I was very pleased with the room overall. I went down stairs after a while to get a drink, had a nice quick conversation with that very tall front desk man and then hurried back to my room. It was quiet so I could work on some emails for work. About 5 minutes later I got a call from the front desk asking me to come down and get my wallet that I left behind! I did not even know I left it. Thank god that friendly, honest man was working. He wasn't just great with me, but with all his guests. Thank you so much Candlewood for making my hard time a little more bearable. I will
always suggest this hotel to any one who asks where a good place to stay would be.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Batmannchero
GTGeneralManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
First of all thank you for the time you took in writing such a lengthly review. I am very happy to see we could be of service to you in your time of need. I am sorry about the circumstances that brought you to our hotel, but thank you for choosing us at the same time. I will share this review with all of our team members and as well give a special thanks to the team members you mentioned in your review. I hope when we see you again it will be under better circumstances. Thank you again and take care.

Warmest Regards,
Story City, Iowa
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Like the review title states, I'm rarely ever surprised. I thought I would give them a try. Breakfast and a pool are not important to me. I travel a lot and price is what's important to my pocket book. I called the hotel and got a very low rate for my 11 day stay. I'm thinking okay here we go, I've never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before and I was nervous that I was going to get what I paid for. In the Words of Gomer Pile...Surprise Surprise...They rooms are very very clean and well appointed. Check in was a warm welcome. Most hotels smile, take your info, and hand you your keys. That was not my experience. Free laundry room, free long distance, free wifi, hbo, a cool little store on site for my midnight munchies, and pet friendly. This is good to know because I'll be back in the area again off and on for the next few months, and I can bring EMMETT. I really wish someone would have mentioned pets are accepted during my reservation. They would probably get tons of business if people knew that. Its a newer hotel in the area and very well maintained. I don't like to eat out much and the set up has everything I need to cook at home. I have been to two other hotels in this same area and third time is the charm. I'd tell you which ones in town to avoid but I don't roll like that. Give this one a try and maybe you to will be surprised.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Albert C
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. By all means do come back and bring Emmet. We enjoy meeting the little travel companions, we realize having great accommodations for all members of your family are important you and we try to deliver a good experience for everyone in your party. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again for the great review.

Warmest regards,
Westbrook, Maine
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel was ok as far as hotels go, but if you decide to book online make sure you will still be able to make your trip and there is no possible way things can go awry. We were in Texas for job interview and had booked for May 30th through the 31st and then from June 3 to the 4th. When we arrived on the 30th we were given a smoking room (neither my husband or I smoke) and two full size beds (last time I checked this was not the 1950's; most married couples sleep in the same bed) When I brought this to the person working at the front desk's attention we were able to switch rooms, and I assumed it was an honest mistake made by the hotel and thought nothing more of it. The next morning I had to go to the hotel lobby and wait for a friend to pick me up, there was a different person at the front desk and he informed me that he personally took my reservation and I put in a note when I booked online for a smoking room with two full size beds. Huh? I told him I didn't but he kept trying to argue the point, which was a little uncomfortable and just weird. Anyways we ended not being able to make it back to Georgetown to stay again on the 3rd. The hotel was extremely unreasonable about giving us a refund and stated it was there policy. I have stayed at other hotels with the same policy and have found there is always wiggle room, but there is no talking to these people. I will never stay at another IHG hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
GTGeneralManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for the time you spent in writing this review. All reviews are taken seriously by the management team. We appreciate your feedback. I did see that your room was booked online. Unfortunately for whatever reason the room type selected was smoking. I am happy to hear however that we were able to move you to a non-smoking room, even though we were not able to give you your preferred room type do to prior reservations made by other guest. I'm very sorry you are unhappy with our Advance purchase policy. I would like to speak to you further if you are available, and by some chance, are able to retain your future business and bring you back to IHG BRAND. It is my hope that we can reach a satisfactory compromise. Guest satisfaction and loyalty are very important to us. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warmest Regards,
email: candlewoodgtgm@yahoo.com
phone 512-591-7888
San Fernando, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here while researching retirement communities. Hotel was adjacent to I -35 South making it easy to visit Austin (30 min). Front desk staff were very accommodating and asked several times if the room was satisfactory. The room was on the third floor but an elevator was available. The lobby was comfortably outfitted with a flat screen and couches. A small snack shop was nearby along with a gym and (free) laundry. The only downside was the pool and jacuzzi are in a separate, detached building, requiring room key access. Not sure I would want to go without a companion after dark. The only individuals I saw in the parking lot were smokers. Ladies there are outlets nearby and both sides of I-35 have restaurants that please every palette. The room was a nice size with a queen bed, flat screen, table, dishwasher, 2-burner range top, microwave, coffeemaker, full-size fridge, utensils and plates. Everything was clean and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Veloris M
GTGeneralManager, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
I thank you for the time you took to write this post. We pride ourselves on catering to all guest. its extremely encouraging to see such good reviews. We sincerely hope to see you again on your next trip whether its on business or pleasure! I will pass this review on to the rest of the team. Thank you again for your stay. We'll see you soon!

512-592-7888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
Best Western Plus Georgetown Inn & Suites
Sheraton Georgetown Texas Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 10 in Georgetown
SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock

Been to Candlewood Suites Georgetown? Share your experiences!