“Great place to stay if you are stopping on the way to the Gulf”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
Winnipeg
“Great place to stay if you are stopping on the way to the Gulf”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel is about 6 1/2 hours away from South Padre Island and is a easy drive to and from there. It is located on the service road along the highway I-35 so easy access off and back on again. Unlike the room we stayed in at Round Rock (Staybridge) about 6 miles further south, this room was quiet and everything worked properly. Manhatten Pie factory is close by (Pizza Joint) and was an easy walk to get too. Food there was great tasting and can be eaten there or brought back to the room. Breakfast was good. Service was good. Gas station nearby a block away. If your goal is to find a nece comfortable clean room and get a good nights sleep before getting back on the road to continue your trip, this is the place to stop.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank canadianwintertexan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Hotel seems fairly new, easy to get to from I35. There isn't a ton around it, but food is a quick drive away. Rooms are big, quiet and clean. Bed is very comfortable. Small fitness room and pool.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last 4 months to do work. I love that there is a business center with two nice computers. Hotel was extremely quiet, great room darkening curtains, very, very comfortable beds and clean. If you stay in a suite, you get a fridge, microwave, coffee pot and a few plastic utensils with plates/bowls which I found to be very useful. The one time I had a problem with a loud family next door they handled it immediately. All the staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is also plus! For families there is an indoor pool and spa.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I travel 3 weeks out of each month and I spend a lot of times in hotels. This was one trip were I did not have to worry about my sleeping room or the meeting room as Lisa,Mario, Marie, and Stephanie insured that everything ran smoothly and ensured I could find the best places to eat. The breakfast was standard but the staff went out of their way to ensure the coffee (a business traveler's best friend) was always fresh. I highly recommend this hotel for business or family travel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Great hotel. Friendly staff. Nice rooms with nice blackout curtains. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SportsFanatic12
texas
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Just a thanks to the folks at this great place. I was on the road, headed to another city, but needed to be on a conference call before I could make my destination. I stopped at this proprty because it was in the same family of hotels where I would be staying. I asked if I could use a quiet area to take part in my call and they said yes. They were so very kind and helpful. I just have to say Thanks to the great folks there in Georgetown. Any place that would be so helpful to a non-customer must be GREAT for their real customers.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This is probably one of the nicest Holiday Inns I have ever stayed in. My boyfriend and I stayed here this past week/weekend (thurs-sun) for a friends wedding. The hotel is fairly new so the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. My only issue with this hotel was the fact that when I checked in I booked the room for Thursday-Sunday and come Saturday morning I see a check-out slip under my door. I immediately called the front desk to let them know of their error and the lady at the front desk (Amanda) told me that she was very sorry and would fix my check-out date and call the room back if there was any problem. So an hour passes and no call.Well my boyfriend and I were getting ready to leave the hotel to grab some lunch so I thought I just better check with the front desk to make sure everything was taking care of. Im so glad I did, come to find out Amanda hadn't done anything about their error in my check-out date. And on top of that she told me there was nothing that could be done due to the fact that my room was reserved for the evening. She said my only option was to move to another room, however, I was staying in a suite and the only thing they had open was a smaller double bed room for the same price as my suite (how does that even make sense)??? I was very disappointed with the fact that they didn't even offer to let me say in my room and just move the other guest who hadn't even checked into the hotel yet into one of their other available rooms. This was clearly their mistake and I shouldn't have been forced to move rooms due to an error on their part. I would have given this hotel a 5 star review if it hadn't been for this incident. Very disappointed with the hotels lack customer service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 10 in Georgetown
SpringHill Suites Austin Round Rock

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown? Share your experiences!