“Just Right”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The staff at the hotel are amonst the friendliest. We stayed here with small children during halloween. The clerk at the hotel told us where to go trick or treating, it was awesome. The kids enjoyed themselves too. He sent us to his own friendly neighborhood, where the Texans didn't care we were from out of town.

The Pool worked wonders to tire the children and one cannot complain about the complimentary breakfast. Yes there is an IHOP just up the road, but you won't need it. The rooms were comfortable and clean. For the price you absolutely cannot beat it. I stayed at a hotel just down the street for labor day and it was aweful. This is where I shall stay for my visits in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank IowaIowa4Vacations

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. The hotel staff, particularly Brandy at the front desk, made this experience an excellent one. They went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied (even providing me with a ride into town when Georgetown's cab service was running behind). This was not the first time that I stayed at this hotel. Each time I stay, I am more and more pleased. In my opinion, this is the best hotel in Georgetown.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The room was well equipped and spotless, service and front-desk personnel were Texas friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was probably the "best-in-class" as far as complimentary mini-buffet set ups. My wife and I are both retired from the travel industry and ended up feeling much more positive about the experience than we had expected -- a no-hassle deal. Then, to cap it all off, we were treated very fairly when we changed our reservation on short notice.

We would recommend the place to anyone who is looking for good-value and comfort in the Georgetown area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jack b
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here while visiting a relative in Georgetown.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and the room was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating as well.
Will certainly visit again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kay52085
Reviewed 22 September 2013

What an improvement from last year when we visited Georgetown. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly, the hotel was clean, my husband loved the biscuits & gravy for breakfast and we were able to get a good nights sleep before getting back on the road.
Hopefully the construction will be completed before our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I made my reservation and added a note as to where I'd "prefer" to be, since we have stayed here several times in prior years (for two decades). We arrived and they didn't have my preference (they said they didn't see it on the reservation). Okay, fine. Well, since they ignored that preference, I was hoping they could at least put me on the same floor with my family (who had two other rooms, and who have also been staying there for years). Nope..... no can do. Fine, we'll deal with it. We get to the room, and my children wanted to access the Wi-Fi. We input the code, but it doesn't work. I am down in the lobby waiting for more family to arrive, so I stopped by the front desk to let them know that the code doesn't work. She tells me that I have to call tech support. Exactly why is that my responsibility? Anyway, She tells me the number is up in my room (3rd floor) on the desk. I told her that I wasn't headed back to my room right now, so if she could just give it to me, I'd write it down and call. She rudely said "Well, I don't know it. It's up in your room on the desk. We went out and called when we got back. After about 30 or 40 minutes of talking to tech- support, they were able to get it working (by this time it was after 10pm). I was just very frustrated by the way they handled everything (or expected US to handle it), none of it being our fault. Very poor service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mytwocents4you
hiegeorgetowngm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with the customer service you received. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Please contact me as I would like to discuss this further.

Regards,
Randy Denison
512/591-7890

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My reservation was made for me so I was waiting to see the outcome, not that I doubt Holiday Inns. However, upon arrival the lady at the front desk was so very nice as well as accommodating and that started my stay out with a plus. Couple that with a comfy bed, plenty of hot water, continuous running AC with cold air and beautiful surroundings and I thoroughly enjoyed my restful stay.
Finally, my work carried me considerable over the checkout time. I was not in a position to notify the front desk but when I arrived Chris at the desk very kindly checked me out without charge. Can't get any better than that! Stay there when in the Hill Country!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 70Craig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
9 mi away
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#2 of 26 in Round Rock

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Georgetown? Share your experiences!