“It left me indifferent. I left it with resolved never to return”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Georgetown
Livingston, Texas
“It left me indifferent. I left it with resolved never to return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Wasn't bad
Wasn't great just Average

Bed was Okay. The room was adequate. BUT... the AC didn't seem to cool adequately. I normally don't use the In room supplied iron. But as I had to purchase a shirt for a family function, I needed to iron it prior to wearing. The iron had been scorched and was unusable. It that picky.... could be! You never want a clean iron until you NEED a clean iron to use on a white poplin dress shirt. We used the Steamy Bathroom trick on the wrinkled shirt to some success.

For the money, we could have stayed at a place we had stayed in before but 30 miles further. 30miles seems a pittance now.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elpistolero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Had to pay for a rollaway bed. My kid got bedbug bites. Plus bad bed support. When I mentioned it to front desk, her response was "I have never heard that," and she would not take it off the bill.

• Stayed February 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

We checked in last friday before Christmas the hotel is located close to everything you need. Had a great stay, hotels upto date, very comfortable, and the staff is courteous. I have stayed at other hotels in the area, and I would recommend this hotel over the others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff R
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times since we "discovered" it in the fall of 2010. This is an excellent value for the price. The location (on the east side of I35) is very convenient, with easy to access from both the frontage road and Austin Avenue (one of the main north/south arteries in Georgetown). It is very convenient to Southwestern University.

The service is great. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly when we are here, and on the phone when we are making or changing reservations. The breakfast is not lavish, but includes hot items, waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. The coffee is better than most hotels and available 24/7. Breakfast items are fresh.

This is not a new property (was converted from another hotel brand), but is very clean. There are a few things that could be upgraded, but they are minor (e.g., the toilet paper holders).

I am shocked and completely disagree with comments in the review from nvickers22. I can't even believe it's the same hotel!

We highly recommend this hotel to Georgetown visitors, especially to Southwestern parents & family members!!!

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the front (away from the interstate). The king suites are very roomy!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank michelegolden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Checked in last Friday night, terribly unfriendly clerk, dark, dank, reception area.
Old hotel, narrow hallways, room had musty smell. Could not stay, left immediately. Do not waste your money on this hotel.
Just awful!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank nvickers22
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Read some reviews before I went and I must say, this hotel is quite nice. Room was comfortable and clean. Front desk staff very polite and friendly

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dawn27reed
DSergi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed here after the Rice game and were very pleased. The staff was friendly( the place was sold out) but they made us feel at home. The breakfast was fresh and replaced often. I'm glad they had disposable plates and coffee cups as I could take food with us. We will be back as I am new to this brand but was impressed with the way these guys handled a crowd.

• Stayed September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown / Austin North
#6 of 10 in Georgetown
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
#3 of 26 in Round Rock

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Georgetown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!