“Great camping”

Rockdale, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great camping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great camping here. Lake levels are really low right now. No swimming area for kids, we had to drive to another park for the swimming area. If you are going for the view & relaxation, this is a good place to visit.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank linda m

Coupeville
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Warning, Street lamps in sites”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We made a reservation online and saw a map to pick out a site but no where was it mentioned that there were street lamps every 5th or 6th site. We were tent camping. No fun to be lit up all night. We went back to the main gate and requested a different spot. The staff was very understanding and patient as I stayed at the desk and my husband drove around and we communicated via cell phone for a new site.
Warning, many sites are hilly and not good for tents.
However most sites are really large and have a few options for tent placement. Sites are spaced out well too. I also liked that the different areas were gated with key codes to enter.
I wouldn't recommend showering here though! Not the cleanest I've seen.
We were here for 2 nights but did not use any recreational facilities. Cannot comment on that

Austin, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Large Campsites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I love Corp of Engineer parks, but this one is really nice! Lake side has huge lots, but some are not level (side to side or there's an incline). Beautiful place and great views. I also love that the sites are so cheap and tents can be set up with an RV on the same site. I wish they allowed golf carts, because this place is huge.

I won't reveal the best sites, because then I won't be able to book them! :) To get the best sites book 6 months in advance, cancellation is easy if you have to.

When exiting, you have to dump your black tank and even if you don't want to, you are forced to wait in the line for it. There is only one road out and on a busy/holiday weekend, this line could be an hour or more. Prepare for this by avoiding the Sunday checkout or last day of a long holiday weekend. Or just get up and leave really early!

Overall we really enjoyed our time here and already booked for two more trips this year.

1 Thank Scottslady