“Average Chinese Food at Best”
Review of Shanghai Express

Shanghai Express
Ranked #30 of 158 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We ate twice here within a week. The first time we ordered carryout. I ordered the combination Kung Pao which was supposed to include shrimp, beef and chicken. I got the order home and it had shrimp, one very small piece of beef and no chicken. When a restaurant advertises what you're supposed to receive with you meal, I expect that they deliver exactly that. Shanghai Express gets a big black mark on my list for not giving me what I ordered. My wife ordered a seafood dish and she said it was okay. I went back the following week and ate inside. The restaurant is pretty much non-descript. They're located in a strip center and the floor is painted concrete with simple tables and chairs. The service was good and I ordered the Orange Beef. It was average at best and it was served with broccoli that was obviously pre-frozen. I will look outside of Georgetown in the future for my Chinese food.

2  Thank bohste

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Food lacked flavor. Chicken Supreme was served in watery brown gravy. Dish had two Chinese peppers served, however food did not have any spicy characteristic. My wife ordered Sweet and Sour Shrimp. Sauce was watery and was bland. Fried rice seemed pretty plain. Restaurant looked dingy.

1  Thank farsight
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Awesome hot chinese food. Have been here at least 500 times. Have tried tons of other Chinese food places across the country, this is my favorite.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I eat here a lot because the food is so good. Awesome lunch specials.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

The family and I ate here on our last day in Georgetown. The staff was very nice and courteous. The food was amazing. I ordered the general taos chicken and my daughter the combination lo mein. Although my food was delicious I was slightly jealous because hers was even better. Will definitely come again when visiting Georgetown.