“Good food”

Shanghai Express
Ranked #26 of 158 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Best Chinese food in Georgetown. We use it strictly for takeout, have never eaten in restaurant itself. Atmosphere is what I call typical for Chinese restaurants in mid size cities - nothing fancy. Food is good, always hot, good flavors. Nothing is extraordinary about the food, but there is also nothing wrong with the meals we've had. I always know that whatever we order, we're going to enjoy it. Prices are reasonable, portions are big, and staff I've met are always friendly and personable.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Freshly made food. MSG free upon request. Can order off huge menu with healthy choices. Sunday buffet a good value.Fast, friendly service. Take out food available. Good value for the money

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We ate twice here within a week. The first time we ordered carryout. I ordered the combination Kung Pao which was supposed to include shrimp, beef and chicken. I got the order home and it had shrimp, one very small piece of beef and no chicken. When a restaurant advertises what you're supposed to receive with you meal, I expect that they deliver exactly that. Shanghai Express gets a big black mark on my list for not giving me what I ordered. My wife ordered a seafood dish and she said it was okay. I went back the following week and ate inside. The restaurant is pretty much non-descript. They're located in a strip center and the floor is painted concrete with simple tables and chairs. The service was good and I ordered the Orange Beef. It was average at best and it was served with broccoli that was obviously pre-frozen. I will look outside of Georgetown in the future for my Chinese food.

2  Thank bohste
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Food lacked flavor. Chicken Supreme was served in watery brown gravy. Dish had two Chinese peppers served, however food did not have any spicy characteristic. My wife ordered Sweet and Sour Shrimp. Sauce was watery and was bland. Fried rice seemed pretty plain. Restaurant looked dingy.

1  Thank farsight
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Awesome hot chinese food. Have been here at least 500 times. Have tried tons of other Chinese food places across the country, this is my favorite.