“Way overpriced !”

Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Giddings
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Asked for room price for two nights. Was told $80. Turns out that was $80 a night, not for two nights.
This is a $40 a night place. Way, way overpriced. I usually choose this type of older motel, as the price is usually $40 to $45. I only require a clean bed, shower, and TV. Just a place to sleep. This is an old motel that has been painted. A rip off at $80 a night.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Nod S

Reviewed 14 March 2013

OK, this is not a luxury hotel by any means. It is a simple motel on HWY 290. It's older too. While they have not done major remodeling or significant updating, they have done a very nice job of reconditioning the rooms. This was the CLEANEST motel I've stayed in in 20 years. As an airline pilot, I stay in a lot of hotels, but this was a great value for a motel. The room was very clean, the bed was quite comfortable. A/C worked fine and is a motel unit so there is some fan noise. The hotel is also on the highway so there is some street noise too, but nothing that kept me from a great night's sleep. I enjoyed the in room fridge and microwave too. The fridge allowed me to keep my cooler items from my drive cool overnight and the microwave was perfect for heating up some oatmeal in the morning. I didn't use the limited continental breakfast so I can't comment. I will definitely stay here again, especially at the great price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank txsoccerref
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stay here 4 to 5 times a year and the customer service is great. They are very attentive to your needs and it's a great value. They have newer hotels in town but they have more of a commercial feel, at Americas Best value Inn them make me feel like I'm the only customer they have at any given time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank tfree1969
Reviewed 11 October 2012

It has been awhile since I stayed here. The rooms seem to always smell bad. They need a complete renovation. I have since moved a few miles from Giddings, and I can just tell you one thing. I saw the review about the water, and that soap and shampoo did not rinse off. That is not the motel's fault. Giddings has extremely soft water, and the best in Texas for drinking. Hard water is needed to rinse off soap, but tastes horrible. I do not recommend this hotel unless it is a last resort. I just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding about the water.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JMT62662
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was THE WORST hotel I've EVER stayed in. Don't waste your money here! Management was extremely rude. The carpets are filthy, my comforter had blood stains on it and the mattress was stained with who knows what? When I called the front office to request new bedding 20 mins passed before I finally started to walk up there because nobody came. "housekeeping" was in the laundry room getting me a nasty old brown throw blanket. First of all, "housekeeping" was an old man who knew not one word of English with nasty scaley feet. I took my comforter up to the front office and told the lady I needed new bedding now. I showed her the blood stains and she told me it was rust. She didn't even apologize, which should've been the first words out of her mouth. I saw "housekeeping" taking dirty sheets from the room, putting them in a grocery basket, then to the laundry room and then putting clean sheets back in the same basket and back to the room. This place makes my stomach turn!!!!!! I also didn't see any breakfast lol.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Samy B
Sandhya D, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

I would like to apologize for what happened with your stay at our motel. I agree that the high standards were not met in this instance, and that I assure you that this will not happen again.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

this stay was my last resort. i booked two rooms for the roundtop flea market. i booked late and didn't have much of a choice. for two rooms i paid 140 dollars. i had asked for ground floor due to a recent back surgery and was given one room on the 1st floor and 1 on the second floor but i asked and they did correct that and give me two bottom floor rooms. both rooms smelled of smoke. i had a smoker with me and she had a hard time with the smell just to tell you how bad. the bed was hard, but one of the worst things about this place was the water, taking a shower the water felt like slim. i could not get the soap or shampoo off of me. the towels were old and very rough. the carpet was dirty, the socks that i had on were black on the bottom, in the morning i woke up, walked to the office for the "breakfast".,one pack of two muffins on the counter, i had five people with me so i had to go buy breakfast. when i checked out i rang the bell at the counter and no one came so i left the keys on the counter, this was around 9am. would i stay her again, next time i will make sure i book early.

Room Tip: try to stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank skb_2183
Reviewed 13 February 2012

we didn't even make it 2 hours at this hotel. local workers that were staying at the property began partying outside our room in the parking lot by 6pm. front desk was called but they said they could do nothing about it since "they were paying customers". I'm sorry, but NO. about the time they got their bbq grill and 2 additional coolers of beer out we left. hotel management was awful and would not refund our money - DON'T EVER STAY HERE unless you want a dirty, crap motel where you can party in the parking lot

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jess R

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings? Share your experiences!