“This property is a GEM !”

Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Giddings
College Station, Texas
“This property is a GEM !”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am a professional road warrior; I am on the road about 200 nights per year. I rely on reviews to select where I stay. When I arrived at the Best Western in Giddings, I was floored when the girl said her lowest price room was $169 ! Rather than challenging I left and went across the street to this America's Best Value Inn. The on-line reviews are terrible, but I try to spend under $100 a night and I was very tired. I asked to see the room before checking in and was given access to room 308. WOW ! Everything was 100% perfect, new, clean and COMFORTABLE. Although their breakfast was worthless, I decided to spend a second night there rather than face an unknown room in Elgin. I looked into several of the rooms and every room was in perfect condition, the same as 308. The grounds were emaculate and the owners were friendly. I suspect the negative postings are related to the other hotel down the road which ranks as a sewer. For under $60 a night, this is a great value and a pleasure. Do not be misled by the BS of the negative reviews.

Room Tip: Good restaurants abound in Giddings; not part of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 200nights
Sandhya D, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The rooms smells and there was dead roaches on the bathroom floor and bugs climbing on the walls by the beds. I was told I had queen beds but when we got there, they only have full size. No queen beds in any rooms. The receptionist was nice but the manager was rude and refused to refund my money. I wouldn't have eaten breakfast there either. Even the front desk area smelled. The beds were hard when we sat on them. It was like you were setting on the box springs instead of a mattress. Rooms doesn't even look like the pictures. go down the street for a few $'s more and get a exceptional room with Queen and King size beds.

Room Tip: Go to the Best Western down the street. For just a few $'s more you get great rooms and cleanlin...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Asked for room price for two nights. Was told $80. Turns out that was $80 a night, not for two nights.
This is a $40 a night place. Way, way overpriced. I usually choose this type of older motel, as the price is usually $40 to $45. I only require a clean bed, shower, and TV. Just a place to sleep. This is an old motel that has been painted. A rip off at $80 a night.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Nod S
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

OK, this is not a luxury hotel by any means. It is a simple motel on HWY 290. It's older too. While they have not done major remodeling or significant updating, they have done a very nice job of reconditioning the rooms. This was the CLEANEST motel I've stayed in in 20 years. As an airline pilot, I stay in a lot of hotels, but this was a great value for a motel. The room was very clean, the bed was quite comfortable. A/C worked fine and is a motel unit so there is some fan noise. The hotel is also on the highway so there is some street noise too, but nothing that kept me from a great night's sleep. I enjoyed the in room fridge and microwave too. The fridge allowed me to keep my cooler items from my drive cool overnight and the microwave was perfect for heating up some oatmeal in the morning. I didn't use the limited continental breakfast so I can't comment. I will definitely stay here again, especially at the great price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank txsoccerref
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stay here 4 to 5 times a year and the customer service is great. They are very attentive to your needs and it's a great value. They have newer hotels in town but they have more of a commercial feel, at Americas Best value Inn them make me feel like I'm the only customer they have at any given time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank tfree1969
Giddings, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2012

It has been awhile since I stayed here. The rooms seem to always smell bad. They need a complete renovation. I have since moved a few miles from Giddings, and I can just tell you one thing. I saw the review about the water, and that soap and shampoo did not rinse off. That is not the motel's fault. Giddings has extremely soft water, and the best in Texas for drinking. Hard water is needed to rinse off soap, but tastes horrible. I do not recommend this hotel unless it is a last resort. I just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding about the water.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JMT62662
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was THE WORST hotel I've EVER stayed in. Don't waste your money here! Management was extremely rude. The carpets are filthy, my comforter had blood stains on it and the mattress was stained with who knows what? When I called the front office to request new bedding 20 mins passed before I finally started to walk up there because nobody came. "housekeeping" was in the laundry room getting me a nasty old brown throw blanket. First of all, "housekeeping" was an old man who knew not one word of English with nasty scaley feet. I took my comforter up to the front office and told the lady I needed new bedding now. I showed her the blood stains and she told me it was rust. She didn't even apologize, which should've been the first words out of her mouth. I saw "housekeeping" taking dirty sheets from the room, putting them in a grocery basket, then to the laundry room and then putting clean sheets back in the same basket and back to the room. This place makes my stomach turn!!!!!! I also didn't see any breakfast lol.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Samy B
Sandhya D, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
I would like to apologize for what happened with your stay at our motel. I agree that the high standards were not met in this instance, and that I assure you that this will not happen again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giddings
Best Western Giddings Inn & Suites
Ramada Giddings
Ramada Giddings
#1 of 6 in Giddings
Days Inn Bastrop
Days Inn Bastrop
#6 of 9 in Bastrop

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings? Share your experiences!