“Not Trustworthy”

Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Giddings
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Please Check credit card statement once you leave the properity. I was over-charge $84.00 per night for a $50.00 per night room. Manager was very rude and offer a refund if I travel 380 miles to return my card

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Drew457
abvigiddings, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. While I know the billing issues was solved long ago, I regret that we didn't satisfy you. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed in a room with king bed, bed had a foam topper on it, pretty good but still woke up with sore back. Flat screen tv, ok. Good hot shower, just not much pressure. Clean just old.
Not much of a breakfast, contential for sure.
If you don't go to one of the bigger more expensive places, this was an ok place for the money.Little towns don't usually have a lot to choose from anyway.
We did get to have the car just out side the door, which is nice for loading up, especially if your on a bike.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom S

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m very glad that our hotel impressed you in so many ways. We focus on offering a guest experience that will satisfy a wide range of travelers. When you’re in the area again, I hope you will make us your first choice. We’ll be here when you need us with another great stay that you’re sure to like again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

3-12-14 for 1 night paid $61.00 for 330 square feet huge..Kingbed,night stands,lots of lights,new paint,carpet,doors,windows,alarm,hair dryer,iron board and iron,table and chairs,dresser with TV big..Needs a Flat Screen TV..The room didn't need anything...The only complaint BREAKFAST not much there needs to be improved...I checked other hotel rates and this was the best for the money..There are no upstairs rooms over your head and no close by railroad trains..I did notice that the walls between the rooms must be double sheetrock by my knocking on the walls.The bathroom all ceramic tile floor and walls new ceramic.Just make sure if you stay here ask for a room that has no rooms upstairs because there is a 2-story section of rooms that might not be remodeled..I stayed in the non smoking section of rooms..The parking area and every where outside was clean with lots of trash cans.The outside is lite up pretty good..There is some semi truck parking but better arrive early..There is room for smaller trucks and trailer too..Checkin was smooth as was check out..Just remember breakfast is not much..Lots of fast food places and walmart near by too...I will return again in the future...

Room Tip: This place is clean and safe..Paid $61.00 total one night Kingroom fully equipped..Ask for a room in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I hope you have indeed returned to stay with us again. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you because you didn't like the free breakfast and found some other small issues. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I cannot express strongly enough my dissatisfaction with this place, at which I stayed on a Friday night prior to attending the Sherwood Forest Faire that weekend.

When I arrived at (almost 11:00pm) the lobby was already locked up and unlit, and I had to ring and knock repeatedly before someone came out of the back -- clearly having been asleep already. All communication was through a more secure window/slot than a bank would have, making it almost impossible to understand his already difficult accent. He acted as though he couldn't find my online reservation, so I had to fill out paperwork by hand as though none had been made, and upon my complaining he agreed that it wasn't really necessary since he did have the info. When making the online reservation I indicated that I would be paying in cash, and gave a credit card number at that time to "hold the reservation" yet he kept insisting that I give him a credit card, which I refused to do and insisted that he take cash without a card -- which he finally did. He then had to search his map to find a room; clearly none was assigned and awaiting. And to top it off that room was already occupied, and I scared the hell out of the lady already sleeping in it when I opened the door and encountered the inner safety lock. Going back to the office, and waiting again through ringing and knocking for the same apparently-sleeping man, I watched him search again until he finally settled on another room. The room, when I finally got one of my own, was no better or worse than I had expected when I reserved it online.

The Saturday morning continental breakfast is the absolute minimum one might expect. That same guy was still on duty when I went at almost 9:00am.

And last but not least, when I went to check out, my credit card was almost charged despite my having paid in cash the night before when I checked in.

I will assuredly never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank WC-CA
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First of all I wanna say there's not much around giddings tx . The only reason why we stayed here was bc friend paid for it ... ok 1 .. we went to walmart across the way and bought cleaning stuff . 2 .. we asked for an extra towel and they don't speak English good So We gave up And Walked Away . They painted the tub which is peeling so it clogged the drain they wouldn't fix it ... we stayed 9 nights 10 days they made our bed and gave us 2 clean towels only 2 twice .. they NEVER gave us clean sheets .. The best part they called us on our last night and told us she only paid for 9 nights which I tried telling her yes its 9 nights but she wouldn't understand me she said with what I kinda understood wanted me to call the friend to get more money or she said we had to leave we could no longer stay .. I told her it's 9 o'clock at night and people are sleeping I'm not calling her at that time at night so she said she is going to call her 1st thing tomorrow morning so I went directly to the office and what do u know she was Wrong and the room was paid for all 9 nights! DUHHHH THAT'S WHAT I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU LADY!!! .. The website lies .. NOOO WIFI it's all blocked h! NOOO continental breakfast ! There's no bedbugs but ewwww good thing for clorox bleach lol .. Don't waste your money

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am a professional road warrior; I am on the road about 200 nights per year. I rely on reviews to select where I stay. When I arrived at the Best Western in Giddings, I was floored when the girl said her lowest price room was $169 ! Rather than challenging I left and went across the street to this America's Best Value Inn. The on-line reviews are terrible, but I try to spend under $100 a night and I was very tired. I asked to see the room before checking in and was given access to room 308. WOW ! Everything was 100% perfect, new, clean and COMFORTABLE. Although their breakfast was worthless, I decided to spend a second night there rather than face an unknown room in Elgin. I looked into several of the rooms and every room was in perfect condition, the same as 308. The grounds were emaculate and the owners were friendly. I suspect the negative postings are related to the other hotel down the road which ranks as a sewer. For under $60 a night, this is a great value and a pleasure. Do not be misled by the BS of the negative reviews.

Room Tip: Good restaurants abound in Giddings; not part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 200nights
Sandhya D, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The rooms smells and there was dead roaches on the bathroom floor and bugs climbing on the walls by the beds. I was told I had queen beds but when we got there, they only have full size. No queen beds in any rooms. The receptionist was nice but the manager was rude and refused to refund my money. I wouldn't have eaten breakfast there either. Even the front desk area smelled. The beds were hard when we sat on them. It was like you were setting on the box springs instead of a mattress. Rooms doesn't even look like the pictures. go down the street for a few $'s more and get a exceptional room with Queen and King size beds.

Room Tip: Go to the Best Western down the street. For just a few $'s more you get great rooms and cleanlin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Giddings? Share your experiences!