“One of the best places that I have stayed at this year!!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Comanche Peak
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great staff, room, amenities, and location. Lobby was clean, breakfast was fresh and hot. I would recommend this facility to anyone in this area. No noise, plenty of room for truck or trailer parking, and two fast food restaurants are close by.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Near Comanche Peak

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here on our way to Austin for Thanksgiving. We were really impressed with this Comfort Inn. It was so clean and seemed to be fairly new. Personnel were very nice and familiar with the area for giving us info on where to eat dinner. Breakfast area was large and could accommodate quite a few people comfortably. Nice variety of choices for breakfast. We plan to return when we have more time to see the local attractions.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a great hotel for the area where you are not going to find the luxury hotels of the city. The rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. Our shower head was loose and sprayed water up towards the ceiling and out towards the mirror. The breakfast was acceptable but there is a Sonic just down the road. Overall it's a good stay for the price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Property was clean and well maintained. Our room was nice and clean but.....we arrived to a room of 89 degrees on a day when the temp outside was 100 degrees. Asked the lady at the front desk about the A/C not being on and was told the owner would not allow the air to be turned on ahead of time. This did not make me happy as we had booked our room ahead of time and felt the A/C should have been on to allow the room to start cooling for our arrival. Also, the lady at the front desk pointed out that the A/C was controlled by a wall thermostat which we already discovered once we entered the room and found the A/C was not on. She called later to check to see if the room had cooled down any, which it had not, then proceeded to tell me again about that the A/C was controlled by the wall thermostat. I didn't appreciate being treated as if I was too dumb to get it the first time. We arrived at 3pm and the room temp dropped 4 degrees by 6:15 when we left to see "The Promise". Needless to say the time we wanted to rest was not comfortable due to the room temp. Thankfully when we go back the room around 11pm the room was finally comfortable and the rest of our stay was better. The owner needs to rethink this policy of not allowing the A/C to be turned on in preparation for the guests who have reserved rooms ahead of time. I am a firm believer in "word of mouth" advertisement - good or bad- as long as it is the truth. I will spread the work to family and friends to look at other hotels AND ask about the A/C policy for those hotels before considering this one if travelling in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Upon our arrival in was 101 degrees outside so swimming was a priority. The pool was clean and quiet with plenty of towels, and lounge chairs. The room was clean and comfy too. The breakfast was disappointing because it lacks the variety that previous comfort inns I stayed at had. Overall. It was sufficient and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel the weekend of May 18-19, 2013 with my grandchildren who live in Granbury. I was a little nervous at first, staying outside of Granbury (all the hotel were full). Much to my surprise, this hotel is only about 15 minutes away. Becky at the front desk was an angel during check-in and throughout our stay. She is wonderful and will do anything possible to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. The room was nice and accommodating. The pool was perfect for my grandchildren. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Glen Rose. I drove to Burleson to go shopping at Kohl's and the drive was about 45 mins away but a nice drive.

Room Tip: In retrospect, I would have chosen an end room away from the dining room without an adjoining room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed 24 May 2013

After evaluating and personally previewing three of the major chain hotels and one boutique hotel in town, we selected the Comfort Inn and Suites, Glen Rose, as the place to book our weekend, based largely on our preview and previous reviews by others. Unfortunately, looks were deceiving. I booked three rooms months before our expected arrival date. The booking clerk confirmed my request for three rooms on the third floor overlooking the back of the hotel (away from the highway). Upon arrival, we were told that one of the rooms was on the front (highway side) of the hotel and could not be changed because all other rooms on the back of the hotel had been previously booked, prior to my making reservations. I was also told that those who made those earlier reservations were in town to help with the clean-up from the tornadoes that struck Granbury the previous week. Does that make any sense? While our room looked put together at first glance, closer inspection revealed that a picture was missing from the wall (screw holes were apparent), our hair dryer did not work (it smelled of burnt wire), the breakfast was worse than any other cheap hotel "full" breakfast I've ever had (think boiled sausage patty and a rectangular, mono-color egg), the TV didn't work unless we unplugged and re-connected the TV and cable box power each time we wanted to turn it on (then it went through channel search each time; others had the same experience), there was no facial tissue in the room until the second day and there was no laundry bag. Whenever our room was made up, the A/C was turned up so we arrived to a warm room. If it weren't for the fantastic shower . . . .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Comfort Suites Granbury
Comfort Suites Granbury
#5 of 13 in Granbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Comanche Peak? Share your experiences!