“Nice spot for camping, some cabins”
Review of Tres Rios Park

Tres Rios Park
Ranked #11 of 15 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended side trip when staying in Hico, Texas for canoeing.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice spot for camping, some cabins”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here twice, once in our tent and once in a Tres Rios cabin. Our cabin was a room among a row of essentially attached motel rooms in one building. They on paper look perfect, with a/c and heat, hot showers, satellite TV, two full size beds, fridge and microwave. But our room had some drawbacks. The bathroom has no fan or windows, so expect any smells to linger. The toilet is really small which isn't great for guys.

There is no personal storage space. The room has three end tables, where two serve as TV and Fridge tables. There is nowhere to put your belongings away anywhere. The bathroom sink is barebones and there is no place to put toiletries. As a result, you live out of your suitcases, with no room for anything. The room wasn't terrible in terms of upkeep, but it was a bit dilapidated. Paint chipped off, wall plates with plastic cracked or broken, etc. The heater / ac unit worked quite well.

The actual property is nice with playground, pool, multi-purpose fields, and the river with a nice walking area along it. I would stay again, but maybe ask more questions about the lodging first.

8 Thank Gdiner0

Bentonville, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ocean Canyon Properties Tres Rios Resort and Employees were GREAT!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The first comment I read on these reviews SHOCKED me and it ALMOST scared me away from taking advantage of the free camping and free gifts back in 2012......"I came to Tres Rios after being scammed by slick salesmen" and "it was about as clean as a truck stop bathroom" I COMPLETELY disagree!! I'm glad I had decided to go back then. We, also, bought a membership and we was NOT scammed! Everything we was promised was in our contract and we have not had any issues with our membership 'til this day. PLUS you say tricked? How was you tricked? It seems like to me you was irresponsible and did not read your contract. They CAN NOT add or subtract anything from that paper work after you sign it. Plus the cleanliness part of that review... Have you been there in the past couple of years? Wow, I have always thought it was great. I seen this paticular post again this go around and was shocked that from 2011 it is still on there (it is misleading) and honestly I believe it should be taken down. Places Change Darlin'. People Change, and Business change. Sometimes for the Better, like tres rios and Ocean Canyon as a whole, and sometimes for the worste. When I joined they were not even BBB rated or maybe it was even an F but look at it now... A+.... Tres Rios is a GREAT location for couples, families, small & large events from a family reunion or wedding to boyscout retreat or I have even meet people out there with there companies for an employee apprication get away. Heck, even my animals love it. They have blue grass concerts and festivals throughout the summer. The rivers are amazing and great for tubing, fishing, and swimming to cool your body during those hot Texas summer days. Tres Rios has a very friendly staff and clean grounds. PLUS if you like to bird watch; they have a great set up to see many different breeds of birds. My granddaughters favorite is the Yellow-throated Warblers. Many of my cherished memories has been made at Tres Rios. We recently visited Tres Rios for a week-end cook-off. There was many cooks with many delicious dishes. :-)

4 Thank NO1HPYCMPR
Robinson, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Location, Great People, Great Time!!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We bought a new Travel Trailer and brought it to Tres Rios for our first trip. Got here in the dark, and they helped us hook up the sewer etc. Very nice staff. Steak dinner was WONDERFUL!
We went to the sales presentation, and decided it would be something we will use. It is for 3 generations, so both our Boys, one 23 the other 9, and Our future Grandchildren will enjoy. I loved it!

1 Thank Becky D
Alexandria, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Horrible”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Horrible first impression. "Non" members are charged an exorbitant $50 per night to park in a grass sight within touching distance of the next rv. There is no privacy, our picnic table that we had to drag over from a neighboring sight, as not all sights have one, was literally sitting with the neighbors truck close enough to use as a back rest. Just a joke all the way around. "Resort" is a joke....the Walmart parking lot offers more amenities!

11 Thank Ada151959
Colorado Springs, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very nice campground”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This campground is very nice. We were greeted by a very friendly woman and escorted to our site. The sites are very level and large; also sites are grass. Big rig friendly. There were trees throughout the campground. Even though we were here during the "off season", there were daily planned activities. There is a restaurant on site, laundry room, game rooms, pool and access directly to the rivers. Great Verizon phone reception. Wi-Fi was not strong. We will definitely visit again.

Visited January 2014