“Misleading”
Review of Tres Rios Park

Tres Rios Park
Ranked #11 of 16 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended side trip when staying in Hico, Texas for canoeing.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Misleading”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Your told that the cost is $19.99 for 2 nights and just go on a 90 min tour of grounds before you check out. First of all it rained, they put at a site that when it rained and you walked out if your camper you step in ankle deep water. That upset us so we packed up and lefta couple of hours later they called me friend on his cell phone and asked him why he didn't stay for the tour, when he told them because he didn't want to ride in a golf cart in the rain they said he wold have to pay $30.00 a night since we didn't take the tour and because this was his second time there and miss the tour the first visit there that he owed them $200.00.He will never go back their. The sign is misleading, it says nothing about gong on a tour and that if you don't go the price increases.Found a better camp ground couple of miles down the road more shade trees, pool, cabinsx tent camping site, pull thru rv sites, can even spend the day there at no cost and in the evening they have a live band. RV site only $22.00 per night with a Good Sam Card. Very nice place and Friendly People.

Visited June 2014
21 Thank teriobarto

Rowlett, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Total let down”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I guess its a matter of opinion on what you call nice. We really felt like we were in a time share trap Hard sales tactics and a sign now or your out. the camper spots were very small, our picnic table was directly on top of the sewage hook up for the camper next door. NOT Acceptable period. The staff outside of the sales team was great Ken was a big help and very friendly. We have no plans to visit this or any of their other properties. I spoke with several 8-10 members and they informed us that this was the best of the camp grounds available as members. I don't feel they have anything to offer a true camper. A great retirement or storage facility. Most of the members we met were in their 70 and 80,s and I'm sure it works well for them The sales team really pushed Safety. I can't remember ever feeling unsafe anywhere we have camped. Eating on top of a sewage line seems rather unsafe if you ask me And for them to say we camped for free is BS the cost of fuel and normal camping expense was no less then any other trip.

Visited April 2014
18 Thank txbman
Terrell, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“TIMESHARE CAMPING”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A family member that has a membership with Ocean Canyon Properties invited us to join them with our own trailer for 2 night of free camping in exchange for going to the 90 min sales pitch (3 hours). It all sounds really good when they are telling you about the benefits of lifetime membership. The cost started out at $11,550 plus the yearly up keep fee. Before we were done talking the salesperson’s manager had come down to $7,550.00 plus the yearly up keep fee of $390.00 for LIFE.
Sounds too much like the timeshare I have had for years and can’t give away. When they tell you about the giving it to your children for THREE Generations this means the next 3 generations are on the hook for the yearly up keep fee. And just because they have one set of rules today in the contract you signed; THE RULES CAN CHANGE NO MATTER WHAT THAT CONTRACT SAID, a few years go by an the fees go up and CHANGES are made in the way you can use the membership.
All this being said we found the sales person Kathleen to be pleasant, knowledgeable and welcoming. The camp grounds where OK under improvement.
We did not buy into program…

Visited April 2014
17 Thank EAPP2014
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice spot for camping, some cabins”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here twice, once in our tent and once in a Tres Rios cabin. Our cabin was a room among a row of essentially attached motel rooms in one building. They on paper look perfect, with a/c and heat, hot showers, satellite TV, two full size beds, fridge and microwave. But our room had some drawbacks. The bathroom has no fan or windows, so expect any smells to linger. The toilet is really small which isn't great for guys.

There is no personal storage space. The room has three end tables, where two serve as TV and Fridge tables. There is nowhere to put your belongings away anywhere. The bathroom sink is barebones and there is no place to put toiletries. As a result, you live out of your suitcases, with no room for anything. The room wasn't terrible in terms of upkeep, but it was a bit dilapidated. Paint chipped off, wall plates with plastic cracked or broken, etc. The heater / ac unit worked quite well.

The actual property is nice with playground, pool, multi-purpose fields, and the river with a nice walking area along it. I would stay again, but maybe ask more questions about the lodging first.

Visited March 2014
8 Thank Gdiner0
Bentonville, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ocean Canyon Properties Tres Rios Resort and Employees were GREAT!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The first comment I read on these reviews SHOCKED me and it ALMOST scared me away from taking advantage of the free camping and free gifts back in 2012......"I came to Tres Rios after being scammed by slick salesmen" and "it was about as clean as a truck stop bathroom" I COMPLETELY disagree!! I'm glad I had decided to go back then. We, also, bought a membership and we was NOT scammed! Everything we was promised was in our contract and we have not had any issues with our membership 'til this day. PLUS you say tricked? How was you tricked? It seems like to me you was irresponsible and did not read your contract. They CAN NOT add or subtract anything from that paper work after you sign it. Plus the cleanliness part of that review... Have you been there in the past couple of years? Wow, I have always thought it was great. I seen this paticular post again this go around and was shocked that from 2011 it is still on there (it is misleading) and honestly I believe it should be taken down. Places Change Darlin'. People Change, and Business change. Sometimes for the Better, like tres rios and Ocean Canyon as a whole, and sometimes for the worste. When I joined they were not even BBB rated or maybe it was even an F but look at it now... A+.... Tres Rios is a GREAT location for couples, families, small & large events from a family reunion or wedding to boyscout retreat or I have even meet people out there with there companies for an employee apprication get away. Heck, even my animals love it. They have blue grass concerts and festivals throughout the summer. The rivers are amazing and great for tubing, fishing, and swimming to cool your body during those hot Texas summer days. Tres Rios has a very friendly staff and clean grounds. PLUS if you like to bird watch; they have a great set up to see many different breeds of birds. My granddaughters favorite is the Yellow-throated Warblers. Many of my cherished memories has been made at Tres Rios. We recently visited Tres Rios for a week-end cook-off. There was many cooks with many delicious dishes. :-)

Visited March 2014