“Nice place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I just stayed in the hotel this past weekend with family and I really liked the place. The rooms were clean . The staff were extremely warm and friendly. The front desk was very informative, which helped us explore the area . The breakfast was good.
I forgot my iphone charger in the room and contacted them after I checked out. The room service people had handed it over to the front desk and they sent it to me via fed ex. I was very impressed by their honesty and trustworthiness .
Thank you staff of holiday inn express , you definitely have a repeat customer in me. Looking forward to my next stay there already.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

My staff and I appreciate your review. We try very hard to know all we can about this area so that we can pass it on to our guests. There is so much to do in Glen Rose and we want to make sure our guests enjoy as much of it as they can.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed in a suite with my grandkids ( little ones) and the room was clean and roomy. We were allowed to check in an hour early and I appreciated that. I never enjoy the breakfast buffets of today's standards, so I won't comment on that. The staff were very pleasant. Will stay there again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your time here. Regards...

Reviewed 8 March 2014

As a travel agency owner I am extremely critical of hotels. I was attending an event in Glen Rose and booked the Holiday Inn Express . The event turned out to be a huge disappointment but the hotel WAS AMAZING!!! This property looked new (I think it opened in 2008). The lobby is decorated in safari lodge style....even with a sky painted on the ceiling. The staff (Skyler at check in and Zack handling my questions at night) were so nice and helpful. Genuine desire to be helpful. The rooms were very clean and bed COMFY. The bathroom was decorated with gorgeous dark furniture and had the coolest towel holder....not typical at all. The breakfast was really tasty and the staff handling the food was spot on with replenishing and keeping everything hot. Great biscuits and gravy! I have no problem recommending this hotel to my clients and I plan on using this property again when we take my family to Fossil Rim and Dinosaur Valley....thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

From Skyler and Zach, to the rest of our team--thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to tell us how we did! Many thanks!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here in spring of 2013, and i just remembered i need to write a review.
The hotel is BEAUTIFUL, the staff was more than helpful and we enjoyed our two nights there.
We got the king size suite with the whirlpool hot tub. The room was large and clean and the whirlpool was very comfortable and hot! Each morning we ate breakfast outside on the patio which was peaceful and calming. Truly didn't want to leave.
and the front desk staff was OUTSTANDING - they recommended us to some wonderful restaurants in glen rose and then really helped out the night before we checked out. I had purchased a painting during the day and realized there was no way i was going to be able to take it on the plane with me. The kind women at the front desk (at 10:30pm) graciously helped me find a box out of her back stock supply room so i could ship my painting home to new york. That kind of service deserves 10 stars! They were just building the horse shoe pits out by the pool when i was there, i bet they are a blast.

Room Tip: ask for a top floor room facing the parking lot for spectacular views (our hot tub room was on the f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. It was nice to know our staff could give you recommendations to experience while in Glen Rose. Come back very soon!!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went with my mom and Dad and little brother to See all of the fun things there are to do in Glenrose! love the small town with a lot of interesting attractions! Go to The Safari Drive through zoo and to see the Dino sore foot prints near the river and to big rock park! love the staff, such a clean hotel, amazing cookies (totally ruined my diet) most comfortable bed I have ever slept on!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We're very happy to learn that you and your family had such a great time here in Glen Rose. There is so much more to see, so come back soon!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

When I had booked our room I must have gone through cooperate. They said we had a room that would sleep 7 (we are a family of 6). When we checked in and went to our room, it was a room that would only sleep 4. We went back down to the front desk and they quickly switched us into two connecting rooms with no additional charge.

The staff was very helpful on finding somewhere to eat, snacks for the family when we checked in, very helpful and friendly all the way around. Hotel was nice and clean and decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor (3rd floor) because we had elephants staying in the room above us. It was quite n...
1  Thank sassymomma5

Thank you for your review and commenting that we provided excellent service. Because that is exactly what we strive to provide, your confirmation made us very happy! Come back soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel over the thanksgiving holidays with three other families. The wonderful staff (Tammy on Thanksgiving day) was very helpful - from getting us adjoining rooms and advice on setting up a thanksgiving dinner, I count this as one of the best among the hotel stays this year (25+ in IHG hotels and 40+ overall). The rooms were very clean, breakfast good and beds comfortable. The hotel is also at a good location - close enough to Glenrose and attractions and right on 67. Yes, you can hear the traffic, but we did not find it bothersome.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor were good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

"Great stay". That is music to our ears! Thank you so much!!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Rose
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
Holiday Inn Express Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!